SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Old 12-26-2013, 06:17 AM   #1
iWaybattery
iWaybattery is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Hello from China

We just bought one second hand X2 for testing our own made Segway batteries. Thanks to my colleagues, our batteries work fine with X2, the driving range with our batteries is about 10Km longer than original batteries.
iWaybattery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #2
Tritium
Tritium will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

How are the safety mechanisms on these?
Pricing?
Website?
Info?
Tritium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

For safety considerations, I would be VERY leery of any aftermarket battery not endorsed by Segway or MTO Battery...
PeteInLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:38 PM   #4
Tritium

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteInLongBeach View Post
For safety considerations, I would be VERY leery of any aftermarket battery not endorsed by Segway or MTO Battery...
I agree, but, I am always up for trying new things.
Plus, I'd much rather go out with a bang than wither away.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #5
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

It is kind of an odd statement, likely something is lost in the translation...

I know I have been on x2 segways that got 10 Km more than the factory suggests, simply because we had a bit of extra air in the tires (about 8 pounds) and were on pavements all day with i2s. Range on the x2 was less than the i2, but not substantially so.

Also, I get 20+ miles of range from my segway i2 batteries. I frequently am ready to get off the segway before it runs out of power. Of course, I recharge faster than the segway does, so I might rest for an hour and be ready to go again, and the segway has not charged completely. Extra range would help in this kind of a situation.

A longer range may also have applications in tour operations as well, but we must consider the source, as previously posted.

I am sure there are other potential reputable manufacturers of segway components other than the factory or MTO, but I surely would start there as well.

A company with an attractive but not too clear claim of serviceability coming from China is not going to generate a warm fuzzy feeling from me.

Far far more needs to be expressed, demonstrated, and confirmed before I would even consider looking into this deeper.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:42 PM   #6
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWaybattery View Post
We just bought one second hand X2 for testing our own made Segway batteries. Thanks to my colleagues, our batteries work fine with X2, the driving range with our batteries is about 10Km longer than original batteries.
Please provide way more information!

And if your looking for business may I suggest you find some of the influential people on this site and give them a FREE pair to test on the grounds that they would give a good, fair honest review of your product!

That is if its for real and a quality product... Good luck.
airdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:17 PM   #7
Tritium

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdale View Post
Please provide way more information!

And if your looking for business may I suggest you find some of the influential people on this site and give them a FREE pair to test on the grounds that they would give a good, fair honest review of your product!

That is if its for real and a quality product... Good luck.
Nobody is going to try a no-name product on their machine without having the company at least provide some sort of assurance.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:22 PM   #8
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritium View Post
Nobody is going to try a no-name product on their machine without having the company at least provide some sort of assurance.
people may try it if they own one of those dog training suits that make you look like a padded sumo wrestler. Full fencing helmet face shield as well.

I want to see the video of the test glider cruising along, wondering if the batteries are going to drop dead or their segway will start releasing the magic smoke from the components.

I am not likely to be the guy, because my dog training suit is at the cleaners...

Besides, the pattern is more likely that you mail them money, and they don't respond for a long time, then eventually you get some cobbled together near miss that you try because you already invested the money, and it works about 30% of what they claimed. Etc, etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:09 AM   #9
eJM
Account Suspended
eJM will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Wow, so far, I am hearing mostly negative feedback based on the country of origin. We buy Chinese products every day, some good, some not so good - the same can be said of American made products.

There is an understandable concern about quality and other details, but that doesn't seem to warrant the negative conjecture and near criminal accusations. I don't know what makes some of you so jaded, but I'm sure glad it hasn't infected me.

My request of the OP is for more information. What were the testing methods used, not only to determine the runtime of the batteries, but also the safety of the units? Will there be US distribution channels, or are you planning to ship direct? What will the warranty be and how will the claims process be handled? I'm sure there are many more questions, so I hope you will take the time to share with us here on the most popular Segway forum in the USA.

I recently bought a small format keyboard that was made in and shipped from China. It arrived in excellent condition, but I found that a few features were missing that would make it compatible with a Windows PC, which was one of its advertised assets. I wrote a poor review of the item on a website and the company contacted me by email immediately. We exchanged a couple of emails and they refunded every cent I paid - they did not ask me to send the keyboard back to them or to the website I ordered from. They only asked that I edit my review to indicate they had responded and gave me a refund, which I did. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again because of their great customer service.

To be clear, I am not advocating doing business with any particular company or country. I would prefer to see a product like this manufactured in the US and sold at reasonable prices. But if a foreign company has the innovation, quality and customer service, I am not going to count them out - and I certainly won't use generalizations and innuendo to malign them before I know anything about them.

I don't expect Segway Inc. to endorse them - they would be a competitor. I wouldn't expect MTO to give them an endorsement either - another competitor. Let them stand on their own merits and give them the opportunity to build trust before we go knocking them down just because they are Chinese.
eJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:13 AM   #10
eJM
Account Suspended
eJM will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Found this on Ali Express: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/After...461902589.html

But the real thing is cheaper through Segway of Ohio on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/WINTER-SPECI...item19e66c4bc4

Last edited by eJM; 12-31-2013 at 06:19 AM..
eJM is offline   Reply With Quote