SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Videos and Podcasts

Notices

Videos and Podcasts For all Segway-related multimedia posts, music, podcasts, videos, etc.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:59 AM   #11
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendall69 View Post
NO the Ignorant curmudgeon is you Jerk. You wanna start calling NAMES, then I'm all in Moronic FAN BOY. The second you pull your head out of your private parts you's see I'm 100% correct .
Only a fool like you would attempt to ride a Segway in Disney with TOE TO TOE crowds.

Once you stop Drinking the Segway Koolaid you will see these are NOT the safest products on the planet. Segways FALL OVER WITH PEOPLE ON THEM. ( VIDEO PROOF ) Kids will get killed. There a thousand videos on the web proving MY POINT and none proving YOURS - you simpleton. Here's FACT Jerk boy. two wheels are not as safe as FOUR do the math moron.

Serious Injuries From Riding Segways Increasing
Injury Data Released Shortly After Company Owner Dies in Segway Accident

http://www.webmd.com/brain/news/2010...ays-increasing

The Guardian the British government's response to the unveiling of the Segway was to publish its "Regulations for Self-balancing Scooters" which effectively banned the machine from all paths and roads due to the apparent dangers:

GRAVE of DEAD SEGWAY INVENTOR
http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/articles/deadly-segway

Injuries Caused by Segways

California Segway accident attorneys recover financial damages for people suffering from the following kinds of injuries due to a malfunctioning or defective Segway:

Broken bones
Broken wrists
Spinal cord injuries
Facial injuries
Head injuries
Disfiguration
Severe lacerations

Unfortunately for some riders, this resulted in the machine suddenly turning off if it sensed its speed limit was about to be exceeded. In other cases, a Segway would suddenly turn off if its battery ran out; in other cases, the Segway would suddenly go in reverse at high speeds. In each case, riders were thrown from the machine or fell to the ground with their Segway, suffering serious injuries and head contusions.

Lastly You pathetic LOSER put your money where your BIG MOUTH IS. Put up the price of a NEW SEGWAY and if I can't prove ownership of a Segway and a heart condition you mentally deficient liar, then I will but you a new Segway. If I CAN then you buy me one.

Ya I thought that would shut your big mouth while hiding behind a computer screen
You might want to calm down. I fail to see anyplace where I called you a name. I said you claimed to be a segway owner with a heart condition. That is so, you did claim to be that. I did not say if it was so or not, as I do not know. I also said you claimed some of these video clips were evidence as to why Disney denies them access, which is also so. You did claim this. Disney does however allow them for profit, just not for other reasons.

You however have called me many names for naught. I hope it makes you feel better.

Have a nice day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:59 AM   #12
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily Kerns View Post
Not too bad an idea, actually... I've seen some of these enough times that we probably wouldn't get into any legal hassles. Or if not using this video, showing and explaining the result of hitting a stationary object, the toppling back and forth as sheer stupidity--testing the law of gravity maybe? a title like Segways and the Law of Gravity or The Truth About Segways ought to attract the people looking for this kind of stuff. And then linking to it from this and similar videos...
Yes, I think I might attempt it over the next few days. Will post back. "The truth about Segway fails"?
Old 01-28-2013, 03:04 AM   #13
KSagal
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrandwood View Post
I would never tell you what to do or like, Karl!

The position put forward in the Disney thread, supported by such videos, was so easily refuted, so quickly and by so many, it makes my point!

Maybe we should edit the video releasing our own version, with additional text before each clip explaining the cause? That would be positive.
You say they are easily refuted, but Disney has won in court. We are talking about the appeal.

That indicates to me that they are not as easily refuted as you claim.

Look at the silly claims made as a result of my saying that these video clips were used as supposed evidence.

We, who actually know what we are talking about, may easily refute them. Unfortunately, there are others among us with different capacities.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:08 AM   #14
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Sorry, I wasn't saying the Disney position was easily refuted. If Disney based their entire position on those videos on YouTube then perhaps it would. But the Disney case is far more complex and over my head in terms of the facts and detail. I'm not up on those details to comment enough.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:58 AM   #15
KSagal

Quote:
Sorry, I wasn't saying the Disney position was easily refuted. If Disney based their entire position on those videos on YouTube then perhaps it would. But the Disney case is far more complex and over my head in terms of the facts and detail. I'm not up on those details to comment enough.
I would say that the media is flooded with far more misinformation about segways than information. Surely the popular video markets, like you tube and gizmodo are.

When you are trying to educate even honest and reasonable people about a topic, yet you constantly bombard them with images you say they should ignore, and do not replace them with commensurate positive images, then you will influence the thinking on that topic.

Marketing and advertising use this all the time. So do political ads. Your brain can only logically tell your memory to ignore images when it has other images that it can substitute with.

I can tell you not to think of a pink elephant. Now, do not think of a pink elephant, because if you think of a pink elephant, you will visualize pink elephants. That is of course, unless you think of a red and white zebra.

Consider honestly, the images that were in your head through that last paragraph.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:49 AM   #16
eJM
Account Suspended
eJM will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Maybe we should edit the video releasing our own version, with additional text before each clip explaining the cause? That would be positive.
Why not just post comments to the existing video(s)?

Before I got my Segway, I saw a bunch of crash and burn videos. To an idiot, one would have to believe not even a monkey (or a chimp) could do it. An idiot would believe these things a serious danger to society, let alone a viable mode of transportation to someone disabled like me. But I'm not an idiot, so I got one. 'Course, I gotta admit, idiots don't really know they're idiots, so maybe I am one.

I enjoy crash and burn videos of all sorts. The Segway ones not so much, but there is a snicker or 3 in some of them. I don't see them as a liability here on SegwayChat. Maybe in court, as testimony for Disney, but I have confidence that the attorneys representing us disabled Segway users and their witnesses, expert testimony and evidence shows those videos for what they are. I am sure that these videos will exist, whether we like them or not. We can't do anything to stop them.

Anti-seggers exist too. I repeat my plea to all of you to stop taking their bait. Instead of replying to them, report their offensive posts. I did.

Thanks, bob yarbrough, for the entertainment tonight.

Jim
eJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:14 AM   #17
carlotaglia
carlotaglia is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
NO the Ignorant curmudgeon is you Jerk. You wanna start calling NAMES, then I'm all in Moronic FAN BOY. The second you pull your head out of your private parts you's see I'm 100% correct .
Only a fool like you would attempt to ride a Segway in Disney with TOE TO TOE crowds.

Once you stop Drinking the Segway Koolaid you will see these are NOT the safest products on the planet. Segways FALL OVER WITH PEOPLE ON THEM. ( VIDEO PROOF ) Kids will get killed. There a thousand videos on the web proving MY POINT and none proving YOURS - you simpleton. Here's FACT Jerk boy. two wheels are not as safe as FOUR do the math moron.
Kendall, first of all you are so rude, secondly I will make you a question: do you have a Segway?
Have you ever rode a Segway for more than 10 minutes of demonstration or 1-2 hours of Segway Tour?
I suppose not and if you have a Segway, you are probably not able to use it properly.

All riders in that video were absolutely beginners and this is a fact.
With over 4000km riding experience, I fell just one time (excluding first tests), when a driver that decided to park his car on the bicycle path, also decided to go back quickly without checking on the rear-view mirror and it crashed directly on me, that was braking (I have to thank to Segway's crash test's department).
Instead, in 6 years of using my i2, I can't calculate how much dangerous situations I escaped from with emergency braking (also when it's raining or snowing) without falling or lay one of my feet on the floor.

So, please, don't talk about things that you don't know perfectly and don't be rude.

i2 Owner since 2006 with more than 4000km experience
carlotaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:35 AM   #18
Five-Flags
Five-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member

Quote:
NO the Ignorant curmudgeon is you Jerk. You wanna start calling NAMES, then I'm all in Moronic FAN BOY.

{snip}

GRAVE of DEAD SEGWAY INVENTOR
http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/articles/deadly-segway
How about a picture of the very-much-alive Segway inventor:
http://venturebeat.com/2012/11/30/af...tional-sports/

You have to actually KNOW what you're babbling about before anyone will listen.....

See my signature for further guidance....

Old 01-28-2013, 09:32 AM   #19
gbrandwood
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by eJM View Post
Why not just post comments to the existing video(s)?
I think people are more likely to watch the video than read the comments. And I think it might be fun to do. So I will have a go and post back here. If we don't think it is helpful then it can be deleted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
I can tell you not to think of a pink elephant. Now, do not think of a pink elephant, because if you think of a pink elephant, you will visualize pink elephants. That is of course, unless you think of a red and white zebra.

Consider honestly, the images that were in your head through that last paragraph.
As I read the words pink elephant I visualised that - same for the red and white zebra. But that does not leave me thinking they exist. Do they?

Pictures, words, videos, actions... can all be powerful and persuasive, but that does not mean all pictures, words, videos and actions are persuasive - at least not for everyone.

Having watched your Road Runner video I do not think that Segways are all evil devices trying to take down Wile E Coyote! But some people might

Last edited by gbrandwood; 01-28-2013 at 09:59 AM.. Reason: SPG
gbrandwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:33 AM   #20
QuadSquad
QuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
You say they are easily refuted, but Disney has won in court. We are talking about the appeal.
To be perfectly clear Disney successfully crafted and engineered a settlement....they neither successfully argued or won the argument about the safety of the Segway. It is this settlement which is being appealed.

The greatest danger to any community is always posed by those from within (or claiming to be from within) the community who are willing to sell their soul for a few pieces of silver.
QuadSquad is offline   Reply With Quote