SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:32 AM   #41
rwoynaro
rwoynaro is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fathertime View Post
I always say "about the same as a good motorcycle" and let the person decide what that number is as I glide away!
Now that I read this, I recall that I have also found myself giving that same observation.
rwoynaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:37 PM   #42
luckie
luckie will become famous soon enoughluckie will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Talking less than my phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud01234 View Post
I saw this response here one time.
"it costs about the same as your monthly cell phone payment."

pretty vague but pretty accurate at the same time.
I say "$50 a month, ha, less than my cell phone." Since my brand new p series Segway cost $3999, the payment plan was less than most cell phone monthly bills.

Works like a charm, you can see in their face how the response completely changes their thinking... from their preconceived idea that you are a freak with this ridiculously expensive toy, to at least consider the reality that their own phone may in fact be more expensive.

Eventually your Segway payments end, those for the cell phone never do.
Michigan State University
The Segway Gallery ->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
luckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:25 PM   #43
Lily Kerns
Lily Kerns will become famous soon enoughLily Kerns will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckie View Post
I say "$50 a month, ha, less than my cell phone." Since my brand new p series Segway cost $3999, the payment plan was less than most cell phone monthly bills.

Works like a charm, you can see in their face how the response completely changes their thinking... from their preconceived idea that you are a freak with this ridiculously expensive toy, to at least consider the reality that their own phone may in fact be more expensive.

Eventually your Segway payments end, those for the cell phone never do.
Great idea!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lily Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:41 PM   #44
kendall69
kendall69 can only hope to improve

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiem View Post
I believe I addressed this in my OP. I'm not comfortable answering the question, and it's none of their business what I paid. Sometimes people say "that's totally worth it" and other times they look at me like I spent $20,000 on Jello Pudding Pops. I prefer not to have the price discussion. You are welcome to handle the situation however you like but I am looking for ways to make it less uncomfortable for me.
Just so you know everyone on the planet has a smart phone, and 3.5 seconds after you act all secretive and your cheeks start to turn red from embarrassment, they will have the answer ANYWAY. So you accomplished NOTHING, but making yourself look silly for not being hospitable.

OK here's a way to make it less comfortable. Start screaming like a maniac and say " ALL YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN, AND STOP TALKING TO ME, AND OH YA IT'S NONE OF YOUR FREAKING BUSINESS. NOW GO AWAY AHHHHHHHH.

How's that, because by not being hospitable that's what you look like any way.
kendall69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:02 PM   #45
[email protected]
dale@thecoys.net will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendall69 View Post
Just so you know everyone on the planet has a smart phone.
Really? Do you have some data to substantiate that?

Just because you live "in a house" and do not own a Segway, would that be true for everyone on the planet?

Quote:
So you accomplished NOTHING, but making yourself look silly for ... being ... like a maniac and that's what you look like any way.
Perhaps you are suggesting that "look it up on your smart phone" would be more hospitable?

I personally think the answer is "it depends". If I think the questioner is sincerely interested and polite, I have no problem engaging in a conversation without trying to obscure the price or benefits.

On one other hand, if I'm uncomfortable with the local environment and/or the demeanor of the questioner(s), I may ignore the question and glide away (of course, that's not hospitable).

There are lots of other "hands". And I'm appreciative of the various suggestions and viewpoints expressed here. Any one of them might seem appropriate in some particular circumstance.
dale@thecoys.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:48 PM   #46
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Just so you know everyone on the planet has a smart phone, and 3.5 seconds after you act all secretive and your cheeks start to turn red from embarrassment, they will have the answer ANYWAY. So you accomplished NOTHING, but making yourself look silly for not being hospitable.

OK here's a way to make it less comfortable. Start screaming like a maniac and say " ALL YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN, AND STOP TALKING TO ME, AND OH YA IT'S NONE OF YOUR FREAKING BUSINESS. NOW GO AWAY AHHHHHHHH.

Let me see if I understand... You feel that a person who does not choose to answer rude and inappropriately personal questions from strangers is the same as screaming like a maniac about some other topic?

You must have a interesting collection of associates.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:51 AM   #47
jimmiem
jimmiem is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:

You're totally right, I've decided to give out exact figures from now on.
jimmiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:22 AM   #48
[email protected]
dale@thecoys.net will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
Thankfully, I'm not kendall69.

But it's clear that we all (on this forum) have an interesting collection of associates!
dale@thecoys.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:21 PM   #49
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Thankfully, I'm not kendall69.
You said the above, but I heard, "" ALL YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN, AND STOP TALKING TO ME, AND OH YA IT'S NONE OF YOUR FREAKING BUSINESS. NOW GO AWAY AHHHHHHHH."

Actually not, but the point remains. Kendall's is a specious argument.

On this forum consisting of an 'interesting collection of associates', I will agree, but it is not what I meant.

To be more clear, when I think of associates, it would be those one chooses to associate with, not those who they do not.

While many here, most in fact, qualify as interesting in my eye, there are some whom I would not choose to associate with, had I the choice, which I do not. A public forum is like that. That is what makes if a public forum.

When I commented on his associates, I was referring to those whom he chooses to hang with, and since he posts here infrequently, and has attacked on this last posting, I might guess he agrees with me on this point, and that we who have made comments may not be whom he would choose to associate with. (Because in his words, we say things that sound the same as a maniac might say)

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 06:46 PM   #50
kendall69
kendall69 can only hope to improve

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
Let me see if I understand... You feel that a person who does not choose to answer rude and inappropriately personal questions from strangers is the same as screaming like a maniac about some other topic?

Bwahahahahahhah, I love the "rude police" are in full effect.

PALLLEEEZZZEEEE show me where, that asking a price of something that is clearly available anywhere IS RUDE, really????? asking for a price of something is now considered RUDE, on what planet?

I's a flippin price, AKA the information that is on a PRICE TAG, not exactly NSA top secret info here.

Listen we get the fact that the OP is a CURMUDGEON, and has many CURMUDGEON Brethren here, but really people, AGAIN it's ONLY a flipping price.

it's not like you're divulging the whereabouts of Jimmy Hoffa, or spilling the beans on the ingredients to Coke of KFC, bwhahahahhahahahha Shhhheshs you people kill me.

Anyone who drives around in a ostentatious and flamboyant manner displaying exhibitionism and then cries deaf, dumb and mute when someone shows interest, is just a tad bit WACKO if you ask me.
kendall69 is offline   Reply With Quote