SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 03-24-2015, 01:18 AM   #1
drolsinatas
drolsinatas

5 yr Member
Default My 24 year old wife got robbed on her Segway

Today my wife went for her very first ride, all alone on her Segway to run some errands and she was robbed by a homeless teen.

We live in a peaceful neighborhood in Southern California. My wife was waiting to cross the street in our downtown area when a young man approached her asking for change. She apologized that she carried no cash. The man says "You ride a thing like that and have no cash?" She replied, "it's used."

She rode away from the young man (about 5 feet), and an old lady started talking to her. Just as the crosswalk light turned, the young man grabbed her cell phone from the side pocket of her backpack and ran off!

My wife noticed the man went for her bag and started running so she spun around and chased him into the alleys and parking garages as he tried to get away. She was yelling for help saying "help, he stole my phone!" but no one was reacting.

She chased and chased and chased him until eventually the man couldn't run anymore and gave himself up. He gave her back her phone and tried to catch his breath. She was cursing him and circling him on her Segway as a few concerned citizens finally started to walk over. The young man made another run for it.

Eventually the police arrived and a report was filed.

She came home and told me the whole unbelievable story.
Old 03-25-2015, 01:57 PM   #2
MuttonChops
MuttonChops will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

________________ for your wife
MuttonChops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:07 PM   #3
Lily Kerns
Lily Kerns will become famous soon enoughLily Kerns will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Never underestimate the capabilities of someone on a Segway!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lily Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 06:36 PM   #4
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by drolsinatas View Post
Today my wife went for her very first ride, ...
She came home and told me the whole unbelievable story.
Glad the story turned out well.

I'm putting your wife on my list of people not to steal from, unless I too am on a segway...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 10:25 PM   #5
Tritium
Tritium will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Sorry to hear of that unfortunate event but happy it turned out well for your wife.
Tritium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:01 PM   #6
drolsinatas
drolsinatas

5 yr Member

KSagal, are you still in Waltham? I haven't posted here in a while, sold my first i180 Segway back in 2010 and have missed it LIKE CRAZY. Finally last week I bought another one (i2). When I go back to New England to visit this summer I'm going to attempt to bring the Segway. Maybe catch you on a glide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
Glad the story turned out well.

I'm putting your wife on my list of people not to steal from, unless I too am on a segway...
Old 03-27-2015, 06:49 AM   #7
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by drolsinatas View Post
KSagal, are you still in Waltham? I haven't posted here in a while, sold my first i180 Segway back in 2010 and have missed it LIKE CRAZY. Finally last week I bought another one (i2). When I go back to New England to visit this summer I'm going to attempt to bring the Segway. Maybe catch you on a glide!
I used to work in Waltham, I live in Wilmington, but that is just a few miles away.

I agree, when back in town, let me know and maybe we can do a glide...

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote