SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 02-28-2014, 04:09 PM   #11
SegNerd
SegNerd will become famous soon enoughSegNerd will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

That is useful information. As long as the key still turns the Segway on and off and shows the battery level, I think it's probably "livable."

Thank you.
SegNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:29 PM   #12
dale@thecoys.net
dale@thecoys.net will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

I'm assuming that the first digit looks like the ones at the top of the InfoKey display in Figure 7, Page 20, of your Reference Manual.
dale@thecoys.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:45 AM   #13
Amimoto
Amimoto will become famous soon enoughAmimoto will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegNerd View Post
My bad, but I still don't really understand what the first digit means. I guess I just have to go ride another 9,000 miles.

Let me rephrase the question: When I reached 1,000 miles, the first digit of the odometer of my InfoKey suddenly started turning on all segments, creating a strange sort of symbol. Does this mean something?
We seen heaps of faulty info keys due to dropped damage, it is probably the worse part of Segway design, it only need to be moved 1 inch forward and it will not falloff while you lean against it.
I strongly against any user to have the info key inserted in the info key holder designed and provided by the Segway if the user is younger then the age of 60.

Please have the info keys in the pocket securely or purchase a nicely made protector for it, or modification can be made via placing a spring under the clip so it won't falloff that easily, anyway care should be taken with this little baby as the replacement cost is equivalent to many meals.
Amimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:36 AM   #14
dale@thecoys.net
dale@thecoys.net will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amimoto View Post
Please have the info keys in the pocket securely or purchase a nicely made protector for it, or modification can be made via placing a spring under the clip so it won't falloff that easily, ...
One other alternative is a wristband for the InfoKey - that can be wrapped around the LeanSteer to securely hold the InfoKey in the clip, or actually worn on the wrist.
dale@thecoys.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:32 AM   #15
SegNerd
SegNerd will become famous soon enoughSegNerd will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale@thecoys.net View Post
I'm assuming that the first digit looks like the ones at the top of the InfoKey display in Figure 7, Page 20, of your Reference Manual.
That's correct. However, I just noticed that if you scroll through the different modes (odometer, speedometer, etc), the strange symbol only appears in one of them. It's hard to tell which mode since whatever it is isn't displayed correctly, but I'll keep an eye on it.
SegNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:23 PM   #16
rotorblades
rotorblades is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amimoto View Post
We seen heaps of faulty info keys due to dropped damage, it is probably the worse part of Segway design, it only need to be moved 1 inch forward and it will not falloff while you lean against it.
I strongly against any user to have the info key inserted in the info key holder designed and provided by the Segway if the user is younger then the age of 60.

Please have the info keys in the pocket securely or purchase a nicely made protector for it, or modification can be made via placing a spring under the clip so it won't falloff that easily, anyway care should be taken with this little baby as the replacement cost is equivalent to many meals.
im trying velcro for my key you need to mush'' it on to be sure many hooks engage quick and clean, just a one inch square to start but if it doesnt work well i plan to put a velcro 'strap over the key.it has worked very well and helps my old hand to not slipand drop it.. im older and disabled. love my new x2
rotorblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 09:20 PM   #17
rotorblades

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorblades View Post
im trying velcro for my key you need to mush'' it on to be sure many hooks engage quick and clean, just a one inch square to start but if it doesnt work well i plan to put a velcro 'strap over the key.it has worked very well and helps my old hand to not slipand drop it.. im older and disabled. love my new x2
i have advanced to carrying my key in my pocket=works just fine for meinstead of hunting for some kind person to help me pick it up not having a place to lean on close usually kept me from grabing my cane and getting off to do it myselfi think a 2 inch cpvc pipe capup side down might serve as a good protector?
Old 07-07-2015, 01:23 PM   #18
terryp
terryp has a spectacular aura aboutterryp has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

You never said whether you tried replacing the battery. The first digit in my mileage sometimes turns into a letter - usually a V or X, but temporarily removing the battery fixes it.
Old 07-07-2015, 02:38 PM   #19
rotorblades

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryp View Post
You never said whether you tried replacing the battery. The first digit in my mileage sometimes turns into a letter - usually a V or X, but temporarily removing the battery fixes it.
29 k miles congradulations- im trying to get my first 1k