SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 03-18-2017, 01:41 PM   #1
daveypow
daveypow is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Have I bought a 'fake' Segway/Ninebot

Hi

I've just received what I thought was going to be a Ninebot MiniPro by Segway (the dealer's words) and I'm pretty sure it's not one of those.
Before I return it, can anyone tell me exactly what it is? I've been trying to compare it to the Ninebot Mini photographs online and it doesn't even match up to that. There is no Ninebot/Segway branding, it just came in a cardboard box, the app won't connect to it, it wanders around the place on a flat surface and if I stand on it, it spins! The dealer said they'd calibrated it.
The steering column has around 4 inches of play in it before it engages and the padding at the top is loose and shoddily built.
It just doesn't seem like the quality I would expect from a 'real' one.
I've got photos but I can't post them as it's my first post. Are there any ways of telling what I've received?

Any help would be great before I contact the supplier on Monday.

Thanks
Dave
daveypow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:18 AM   #2
SegNerd
SegNerd will become famous soon enoughSegNerd will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Welcome daveypow.

Have you tried installing the Ninebot app (for iOS or Android) and seeing if it recognizes your device? That could be a pretty good indicator.

My MiniPro does have "Ninebot by Segway" explicitly printed on it, but I guess it is possible (although unlikely) that there could be other official designs.
SegNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 03:26 PM   #3
Pescador12
Pescador12 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveypow View Post
Hi

I've just received what I thought was going to be a Ninebot MiniPro by Segway (the dealer's words) and I'm pretty sure it's not one of those.
Before I return it, can anyone tell me exactly what it is? I've been trying to compare it to the Ninebot Mini photographs online and it doesn't even match up to that. There is no Ninebot/Segway branding, it just came in a cardboard box, the app won't connect to it, it wanders around the place on a flat surface and if I stand on it, it spins! The dealer said they'd calibrated it.
The steering column has around 4 inches of play in it before it engages and the padding at the top is loose and shoddily built.
It just doesn't seem like the quality I would expect from a 'real' one.
I've got photos but I can't post them as it's my first post. Are there any ways of telling what I've received?

Any help would be great before I contact the supplier on Monday.

Thanks
Dave
This guy (Russian?) points out some differences from a replica and a Segway mini pro:

Pescador12 is offline   Reply With Quote