SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 09-15-2013, 10:09 PM   #51
Tritium
Tritium will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvelke View Post
Anyone who knows the particular dealer in question would bet money against the picture you painted of him. If he says that the Segway has less than 10k miles, then it is not a wild or lucky guess that there is another explanation for the behavior in question. It is the _responsible_ thing to do to give the man the benefit of the doubt. We are talking about computers and software, after all, which are not infallible.

The identity of the dealer is not difficult to deduce from Denise's location. But even if you don't know him, Denise does. So your jumping to the conclusion that he is either ignorant or a liar was an irresponsible smear.

By the way, by design, the "winking" behavior on a 10k machine only happens when the infokey is displaying the odometer. In any other mode (speedometer, clock, etc.), it doesn't wink.
Thank you!!!
Tritium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #52
MTOBATTERY
MTOBATTERY has a spectacular aura aboutMTOBATTERY has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvelke View Post
Anyone who knows the particular dealer in question would bet money against the picture you painted of him. If he says that the Segway has less than 10k miles, then it is not a wild or lucky guess that there is another explanation for the behavior in question. It is the _responsible_ thing to do to give the man the benefit of the doubt. We are talking about computers and software, after all, which are not infallible.

The identity of the dealer is not difficult to deduce from Denise's location. But even if you don't know him, Denise does. So your jumping to the conclusion that he is either ignorant or a liar was an irresponsible smear.

By the way, by design, the "winking" behavior on a 10k machine only happens when the infokey is displaying the odometer. In any other mode (speedometer, clock, etc.), it doesn't wink.
Agreed, I have a good business relationship with this dealer and I am 100% sure that if there is any mistake that was made or any problem that exists they will stand behind it. I have NEVER heard of them being anything less than honest with customers.

Bottom line, we all make mistakes from time to time. The better people are those who own them and make right on them.

Denise, I wish you all the best in getting this resolved.
MTOBATTERY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #53
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

In looking back at the posts on the first pages of this thread, I made some statements regarding the machine indicating over 10000 miles more than it seems to have.

I had not extrapolated on locations of anyone, and had no idea of what dealer was involved, and still do not know.

However, what I said was not intended to indicate that a particular person did anything, and was only trying to suggest a possible situation that made sense to me given the amount of information that was posted.

I too know of dealers in the general area, and while I will not speculate further on that which has not been posted, the dealer I know would never defraud anyone, far from that.

So, while I did not have anyone at all in mind when I posted some possible but negative situation, I wanted to make it clear that I do not, and did not mean to indicate, that any particular dealer did anything unseemly.

I am glad that this has turned out to be some sort of odd and as yet unpublished (on this forum) quirk in the info key.

I just wanted to publish an apology to any whom may have felt insulted by my postings, and to express that there was no specific malice intended.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #54
terryp
terryp has a spectacular aura aboutterryp has a spectacular aura about

Denise - Are you sure that the Infokey that didn't wink was on the total mileage display? (It only winks when the total mileage is being displayed - not trip mileage, time, speed, etc.)

If you find that both keys display the same total mileage, yet only one winks when showing that mileage, I'll be very surprised. If they DO both wink, then it's virtually impossible that your Seg doesn't have over 10K miles, and I'm sure the factory will confirm that.

One of the most encouraging things I've read on this forum is that the factory often sees Segs with over 50K miles!

BTW, I just switched the Infokey on my newer i2 to km (8888), and will leave it there until it rolls over and report back, although I'm sure it will start winking at that point, and stop winking when I set it back to miles.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:39 PM   #55
MTOBATTERY
MTOBATTERY has a spectacular aura aboutMTOBATTERY has a spectacular aura about

Ok, I spoke with the dealer about this this morning so let me break it down for everyone to put this to rest.

First off, the machine Denise picked up was not the correct machine. That machine she picked up did have over 10k miles which is why it was winking. The dealer had two machines that looked identical and while her invoice showed the correct serial number but the machine that she was given had a different serial number . It's unfortunate that it happened but it was an honest mistake none the less. I know the dealer was genuinely embarrassed that this happened and I have been informed that they contacted her yesterday and were honest about the mistake after it was discovered. She now apparently has the correct machine in her possession and to the best of my knowlege this one isn't flirting with her or engaging in any sexual harassment like behavior . Bottom line, the Segway worked like it should have by winking and a mistake was corrected.

Denise, please feel free to correct me if anything I stated is not accurate. I hope you enjoy your Segway and have many great experiences and memories with it.

Last edited by MTOBATTERY; 09-19-2013 at 08:31 PM..
MTOBATTERY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #56
dale@thecoys.net
dale@thecoys.net will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Thanks, Jason, for the detailed clarification.

Sorry, the following is off-topic, but (even after reconsidering 3 times) I just couldn't resist posting this quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritium View Post
I knew it didn't have 10k miles...
dale@thecoys.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:53 PM   #57
Tritium
Tritium will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale@thecoys.net View Post
Thanks, Jason, for the detailed clarification.

Sorry, the following is off-topic, but (even after reconsidering 3 times) I just couldn't resist posting this quote.
Guess I'm wrong, again...
Tritium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:39 PM   #58
terryp
terryp has a spectacular aura aboutterryp has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Everybody's wrong sometimes. Not everyone is so quick to admit it. Cheers to you!

And happy to hear that Denise's problem has been resolved. By asking about the winking she potentially added 10,000 miles to the life of her machine!
Old 09-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #59
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Quote:
I agree, credit where credit is due. We are all wrong sometimes, but do not all admit it.

And it was a good thing that she asked, as it brought to light a mix up that may have caused a problem down the road. What would have happened in a year or two if she lost the info key, contacted Inc, and read off her serial number from the machine, and they said it was not hers? Or she read off the serial number from her receipt, and got a info key that did not work?

I too am glad that issues are resolved, and all is well tonight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:35 AM   #60
noalox
noalox is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

My take-away from this thread is the previously unknown winking and that Inc. regularly gets segs in for service with 50k + on them. Both are good things to know.

Thanks
noalox is offline   Reply With Quote