SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:26 AM   #41
drsmr2
drsmr2 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Please

Hi Guys,

I came to and have enjoyed this forum to interact and learn from experienced Segway owners. I'm new to the forum and a new Segway owner. You all have been very helpful to me and sincerely appreciate everyone's input. The abbreviation of the letters JFC have a blasphemous meaning to me and I for one am not comfortable with that. I hope we are all here to learn, interact and enjoy the experience. I look forward to communicating with all of you in the future. I plan to post an update after this is all said and done with the absolute final answer because my dealer is going to contact Segway. The infokey was winking again yesterday when I first started gliding and then stopped again, just like the day before.

Thanks everybody! I had no idea my original post would generate so much interest. It's been fun.

Sincerely,

Denise
drsmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #42
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

To Denise:

It had not occurred to me that the abbreviation may be blasphemous or disrespectful.

To Airdale:

I had requested an explanation, but if it is any of the above, I do not need to know.

I believe we can debate, and even disagree, without the need to go rude or disrespectful.

If, however, the abbreviation is not rude or disagreeable in polite company, I would still like to know what it means. As you can tell from my guess, (3 posts ago) I was not assuming it to be unreasonable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #43
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

Why can't we just stay on-topic with Denise's infokey issue? Maybe keep the side banter on private messaging?

Let's not drive Denise away just yet...

(Please don't respond to this)
PeteInLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #44
dale@thecoys.net
dale@thecoys.net will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/mea...inition-of/jfc

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteInLongBeach View Post
Why can't we just stay on-topic with Denise's infokey issue? Maybe keep the side banter on private messaging?
(Please don't respond to this)
IMO, because Tritium (who frequently tells us to stay on topic) chose to take the thread off-topic with "I knew it". Followed by others who commented on Tritium's off-topic comment.
dale@thecoys.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #45
KSagal
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Okay, so if a segway has more than 9999 miles or Kilometers, which it cannot display on the info key, as it has only 4 digits, it uses the eyeball of blinky on the info key as the next digit...

So, does anyone know if that is simple binary, or is it more? In other words, if there is a 1 in the fifth digit, it blinks and then goes open, then blinks, then open... Kind of 1 0 1 0

So, if you have 20, 000 or more miles or kilometers, will it blink, blink open, blink blink open...? Kind of like 1 1 0, 1 1 0 ?

Does anyone know?

And for that matter, it seems to send the data to the info key to make it blink, but then at some point, it sent some data to make it not blink as well. She did not indicate that the numbers changed, as if this data is in a different byte, or some such thing. I wonder how that all works... I would have thought the entire mileage on the segway would be sent at the same time, so when the 800+ miles showed up, so would the signal not to blink. I am wondering if there is yet more here to see than we have seen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #46
Tritium
Tritium will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale@thecoys.net View Post
http://onlineslangdictionary.com/mea...inition-of/jfc

IMO, because Tritium (who frequently tells us to stay on topic) chose to take the thread off-topic with "I knew it". Followed by others who commented on Tritium's off-topic comment.
I was stating on topic, but someone chose to start an argument over my post, not rare.
Tritium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #47
Tritium
Tritium will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Karl, J is for Hey-Zeus, F is for fu****g, C is for Hey-Zeuss' son who came back from the dead.

Airdale, that wasn't very nice.
Tritium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #48
KSagal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritium View Post
Karl, J is for Hey-Zeus, F is for fu****g, C is for Hey-Zeuss' son who came back from the dead.

Airdale, that wasn't very nice.
I had figured it out, from Denise, but thanks. Lets get back on topic now.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:30 PM   #49
drsmr2
drsmr2 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Thank you and a small update

Thank you guys. I appreciate staying on topic as well. I am scheduled to take "Winky" to my dealer tomorrow. He has a couple of thoughts on what could be causing the intermittent winking. He is planning to contact Segway tomorrow to ask about a radio board he got from them for this unit. Apparently, it wouldn't send a signal to the infokey past 20 feet so he replaced it. He wonders if they Segway may have mistakenly sent him one that was reprogrammed from one that had 10K miles??? He may program me two entirely new infokeys and see if that may resolve the issue. Both Segway and the dealer said I could send " Winky" to the factory and they can find out exactly the number of miles. That costs a few hundred bucks though with shipping and the cost of the diagnostic. Otherwise, we may never really know for sure. What are some issues you all have experienced with your units that have higher mileage? I look forward to your replies. I'll let you know what happens tomorrow after I see the dealer with this "flirty" unit.

Thanks again,

Denise
drsmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:04 PM   #50
bvelke
bvelke will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegNerd View Post
No, you didn't "know" that. You took a wild, extremely unlikely guess and got very, very lucky. I really don't think that merits an "I told you so" post.
Anyone who knows the particular dealer in question would bet money against the picture you painted of him. If he says that the Segway has less than 10k miles, then it is not a wild or lucky guess that there is another explanation for the behavior in question. It is the _responsible_ thing to do to give the man the benefit of the doubt. We are talking about computers and software, after all, which are not infallible.

The identity of the dealer is not difficult to deduce from Denise's location. But even if you don't know him, Denise does. So your jumping to the conclusion that he is either ignorant or a liar was an irresponsible smear.

By the way, by design, the "winking" behavior on a 10k machine only happens when the infokey is displaying the odometer. In any other mode (speedometer, clock, etc.), it doesn't wink.

bvelke is offline   Reply With Quote