SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 07-13-2014, 02:17 PM   #1
Sven
Sven is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Flying with a Segway

Has anyone recently taken their Segway with them when flying? Of course, the possibility exists only for NiMH equipped machines. On several occasions back in 2006, I was able to ride to the airplane door (Southwest). The crew would then take the Segway down the steps and put it in the storage compartment. The reverse took place when we reached our destination. Back then, this procedure was the focus of quite a few threads here on Segway Chat. But it seems that the number of folks using an old NiMH Segway is greatly reduced. I wonder if today's airline personnel have any experience dealing with a passenger with a Segway. Would they know how to check the type of battery? It would seriously disrupt travel plans if one would arrive at an airport and have lengthy hassles or a denial regarding taking the Segway aboard. I should note that I use my Segway as a mobility aid.
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:14 PM   #2
QuadSquad
QuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Default Frequently

Admittedly there are few of us flying but I fly at least twice a month. Southwest is great, American not so much and the rest are so so. If you're disabled and you've done your homework you should be fine.
QuadSquad is offline   Reply With Quote