SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:40 AM   #1
coaster
coaster is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Automatic Parking Stand

Hi
Here's a video of a parking stand

I can think of some good and some bad things about the stand.

It costs around £150/$210 Plus P&P

What are your views?

Anybody want to buy a famous Segway
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by coaster; 05-21-2010 at 01:35 PM..
coaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:37 PM   #2
SegNerd
SegNerd will become famous soon enoughSegNerd will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Hmm... I do kind of like it, but I have to say that $50 for the official stand is already a little spendy, and this apparently costs four times as much for something that doesn't look like it costs much more to make than the official one. I'm curious and would be interested in knowing where to order it, but honestly I don't think I would really get one.
SegNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:37 PM   #3
coaster

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Hi

Here is the web site.

http://wman.dk/segway-priser/

It's in Danish, English under construction

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:37 PM   #4
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Nice find, Phil! I like the look of that stand and the simplicity of it.

My thoughts:

Does it work on hard surfaces just as well?
Does it cope when there's a little weight on the handlebars?
Do you think the shape might potentially snag on to things - it's a little like a hook. If it was solid, that might be less of an issue.

I think this is now my second favourite stand.

Oh and Phil - what are your thoughts on it?

Last edited by gbrandwood; 05-21-2010 at 01:40 PM.. Reason: wait/weight!
gbrandwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:47 PM   #5
stinggray
stinggray will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

I like it. My concern is if I am accelerating very fast off road it might catch on something. Also the price is very steep. I would consider one at about $100 but not $250.

stinggray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:58 PM   #6
coaster

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Maybe

This is a picture take from their site

Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1030869.jpg (92.9 KB, 217 views)

Old 05-21-2010, 11:36 PM   #7
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

First impression is great. I agree with the others, price is far more than I would pay for a simple idea like this, but simple ideas that work are frequently the best buy.

I wish the maker well, and success.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:51 AM   #8
bvelke
bvelke will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

It looks to me like it wouldn't take much weight in the handlebar bag to flip it over.

bvelke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:06 AM   #9
funky-move.de
funky-move.de will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Default simple idea - high price

the most of you know the Funky-Move Kickstand.. some of you only from the internet and some bought one or more from Segway of scottsdale or Segway of indiana (thank you btw.) To design a "simple product" takes mostly more time and money than design a complicated thing. To keep it simple, nice and durable doesn´t mean that you can also keep it cheap. The worldwide segway community isn´t as big as the car community - so you have to be brave and spend a lot of money in front of selling the first of your parts..
and than.... to make every segway driver on the world know your product is also to much expensive.. so it takes time - time and more time.
When we came out with our kickstand we sold ony a handfull in the first month but we never doubt about our baby. Now in 2010 we cracked the 1500 mark and we are proud of it. Some guys started to copy it but gave up because the customers wanted the original and the copiers saw that you can not really make the big business with that if you want to show the same quality.

The shown kickstand is, in my opinion an absolute new idea. And i love new ideas - i am pretty sure, in the near future the first guys will come out with the first copies of that. To show the community - "Hey look at me" - i can do it for the half.. and yes, they can - copy an idea is always cheaper than design an own. But i am pretty sure that they will take a step back if they see how much it is to make a high quality product and the danish guy will see if he can make it cheaper for the comunity - if he can do it with the same quality...
please don´t misunderstand me - i never tried his kickstand and of course i don´t want make advertising for an other product - but i do advertising for new ideas, for different views on things and high quality products.

Segway Customizing in Germany

funky-move.de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:19 AM   #10
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Hey, Funky-Move...

I agree that creating is harder than copying, and credit needs to be given where credit is due. I also know yours is a great parking stand. I also know of one or two others that are great parking stands. (I would not include the factory unit among them)

I just wanted to say that the photo of the seg on the hill is a great one. The seg looks good, and the palm trees make it look not so German to me, but you may have those trees there , but what really looks weird to me is the guy standing like that on the hill.

He is normal enough looking in the picture, but standing like that sideways on the hill is just freaky.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote