SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > Science and Technology

Notices

Science and Technology Science & technology discussions not related to the Segway. This includes discussion of Segway knockoffs and clones.

Old 11-02-2006, 05:09 PM   #1
macgeek
Super Crazy
Segway Geek
macgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Exclamation 64 Gig Thumb Drive???????/?/

http://www.kanguru.com/flashdrive_max.html

HOLY ***** ** * *** **** * ** *** ** * * * *******!!!!!!!

Jonathan

Segway "Let the good times, roll"
YES! I AM! the Super Crazy - Segway Geek since 2004

Top 7th Poster - Top 8th Reputation, I must be doing something rightâ„¢

Segway Chat Awards 2006:

Most Outrageous Pimping Award - Winner
Funniest Post - runner up
Most Flamboyant Signature - runner up
Most Original Avatar Award - runner up

Segway Chat Awards 2007:

Most Original And Impressive Re-Pimp of a Segway - I think thats done!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:21 PM   #2
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player
Default Moore and moore!

$629?! Less than three years ago, my company was buying 2Gig thumb drives for automatic installation purposes at prices substantially higher than that! Of course, this company usually paid MSRP despite having a team of buyers "saving us tons of money". Coincidentally we were buying Kanguru too.

ps - I should mention that our primary customer was the government, so all purchase and book keeping had to be documented and accurate for audit purposes.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:37 PM   #3
Sal
Enjoys a well balanced glide
Sal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

On another note, I remember when my Dad bought 16MB of RAM for a Performa 6115CD for around $450!

How far technology has come! I love it.

-Sal
Old 11-02-2006, 06:37 PM   #4
citivolus
citivolus is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

So where is the solid state 64 GB "hard" drive for laptops???!! Shock proof, lighter, faster, smaller, it's perfect for inside high end or ultra small computers, ipods, cell phones...
Old 11-02-2006, 06:54 PM   #5
falves
falves is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Starting From...

Don't forget to read those all important words on their web page: "Starting From." The $629 unit is only 16GB... They don't even list the price for a 64GB.

-Fernando
Old 11-02-2006, 07:17 PM   #6
bystander
bystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to all

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by falves View Post
Don't forget to read those all important words on their web page: "Starting From." The $629 unit is only 16GB... They don't even list the price for a 64GB.

-Fernando
More "don't forget"...

The USB2.0 interface is fairly slow, once you start moving 16 GB files over it. It may take a newer, faster external interface to make these larger thumb drives practical for the use people expect them for.

Just because the USB2.0 is rated at 480 mbps doesn't mean the actual data goes that fast, the figure includes formatting overhead. In fact, firewire is rated at 400 mbps, but is faster than USB2.0 in the real world, due to less overhead on firewire.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:24 PM   #7
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

My new portable multimedia player (ARCHOS) is an 80 gig HD, and it's just a bit larger than my PDA/phone from 2 years ago.
Pam
Old 11-03-2006, 12:59 PM   #8
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

I've got a portable 30 gig harddrive, and although it isn't solid-state, it does play mp3s and videos.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man