SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Videos and Podcasts

Notices

Videos and Podcasts For all Segway-related multimedia posts, music, podcasts, videos, etc.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:32 PM   #31
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrandwood View Post
You've made it clear you do not appreciate the video being here. Personally, as a Segway fan, I did enjoy seeing the video. I got a few laughs out of it. Most of which I'd seen before. This forum should contain EVERYTHING about Segways, the good and the bad and the funny.

I find this interesting. I use lots of words, but probably too many.

In posts #3 and #6 I specifically said I was not against having the video here, but that I did not like it.

In post # 5, you quoted me saying that I did not have a problem with it being here, and that I did not like it.

You said I did not need to like it, which is true.

In posts 13, 15, 25, I did not mention having the video here at all, but generally spoke to filling the public's memory with negative images, instead of positive ones.

In post 28, I actually thanked Bob for posting the video, saying that while I did not like it, several others did.

Now you say I have made it clear I do not think it should be here. You go on to say that it should be here, and that way I can refute it if I like.

I have to ask, what do you think I have been trying to do? I have been trying to say that I feel this is a bad thing. Not trying to say it is a thing we should avoid, or hide from, or not acknowledge, but that it is a bad thing, and bad for the betterment of our community.

One of the first things I said about this was it would have to reside in the "to each their own" view. I maintain that is how I still feel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:00 PM   #32
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Sorry if you misunderstood, Karl. My last post was posted somewhat quickly. I got the distinct impression that you personally did not appreciate these types of videos on SegwayChat. You are not saying what should or should not be posted, just that you do not personally like seeing videos like this. Did I get that wrong? That was the one thing I thought I was clear on. Oh well.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:37 PM   #33
KSagal
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrandwood View Post
Sorry if you misunderstood, Karl. My last post was posted somewhat quickly. I got the distinct impression that you personally did not appreciate these types of videos on SegwayChat. You are not saying what should or should not be posted, just that you do not personally like seeing videos like this. Did I get that wrong? That was the one thing I thought I was clear on. Oh well.

If I like them or not, I think we (I) have beaten this topic to death. (that might make a fun video for some )

Let's just let this one die on the vine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:42 AM   #34
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob yarbrough View Post
This appeared on You Tube today. Thought you all might enjoy. There is one fail clip in the compilation that (in my humble opinion), was performed on purpose. Since it is just my opinion I'm not gonna say which one it is, of course one could argue that because of stupidity or carelessness they are all done on purpose .

Ultimate Segway fails compilation:

be safe
enjoy your glide

Bob Yarbrough
the PONY SEAT guy
Thanks for posting this!

Things I liked about this video:
Silly people falling in comical ways
Nobody appeared to be seriously injured.

Things I didn't like about the video:
The comments.

Thanks again!

"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:16 PM   #35
kendall69
kendall69 can only hope to improve

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlotaglia View Post
Kendall, first of all you are so rude, secondly I will make you a question: do you have a Segway?
Have you ever rode a Segway for more than 10 minutes of demonstration or 1-2 hours of Segway Tour?
I suppose not and if you have a Segway, you are probably not able to use it properly.

All riders in that video were absolutely beginners and this is a fact.
With over 4000km riding experience, I fell just one time (excluding first tests), when a driver that decided to park his car on the bicycle path, also decided to go back quickly without checking on the rear-view mirror and it crashed directly on me, that was braking (I have to thank to Segway's crash test's department).
Instead, in 6 years of using my i2, I can't calculate how much dangerous situations I escaped from with emergency braking (also when it's raining or snowing) without falling or lay one of my feet on the floor.

So, please, don't talk about things that you don't know perfectly and don't be rude.
Let's take you ignorance one point at a time, and remember this YOU STARTED IT.

You call it rude I call it defending myself from self proclaimed experts like you that resort to personal attacks. When you "doubt" someone you are calling them a LIAR - F.Y.I. Second when you interpret incorrect facts as truth, by design you look like a fool by bloviating.

I only reciprocate in kind when ignorant bully's like you and the other loud moth here project your insecurities on others. So if you feel better calling it RUDE, that's fine because being a narcissist I would expect as much.

I own THREE Segways, and ride often. You want the serial number, then put up or shut up. I'll prove I have three segways if you put up your Segway as collateral if I Win? YA just as I thought, Big man on campus is SPEECHLESS.

Some of your comments are so childish I won't even give them the credibility to answer them. Besides the next person in line needs to place an order so straiten your hat and ask them what they want on their burger.

I love your ignorant rant about ALL RIDERS. Do a two second search on the web and you will see TRAILED POLICE OFFICERS falling down. What's that I hear now coming from you - cricket sounds. Now I'll take YOUR ORDER, do you want ice cream with your crow pie, for making ludicrous unfounded and false statements?

Come on lets besmirch a TRAINED POLICE OFFICER and tell me how it's HIS FAULT, and not the poor design of a two wheeled vehicle. OH what is that all over your face EGG?

Lastly, to prove I am 100% correct on the TWO WHEELED Segway being dangerous, SEGWAY is now designing a THREE WHEELED SEGWAY.

Oh and for all the big mouths here that DOUBTED a salesperson told me something NEW was coming from SEGWAY - Put this in your pipe and smoke it.

So that would be CHECK & MATE.

http://www.segway.com/downloads/pdfs...T_3_6_2013.pdf
kendall69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #36
Tritium
Tritium will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

The problem with these riders are, they just don't pay e bought attention.

Because of the Segways magicality, some people don't realise that you still have to watch out for obstacles, however I also observed people falling off from turns and bumps that wouldn't seem to be possible.

I don't think the videos hurt Segways much.
Tritium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:18 PM   #37
KSagal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritium View Post
The problem with these riders are, they just don't pay e bought attention.

Because of the Segways magicality, some people don't realise that you still have to watch out for obstacles, however I also observed people falling off from turns and bumps that wouldn't seem to be possible.

I do not agree, I think that most people see very little from segways when they are done well, so the positive images of segways is not very popular, or seen much at all.

These segway fail videos are fun and all, but with a vacuum of positive images, and a glut of negative images, they give the segway ignorant public a very inaccurate impression of how dangerous segways are.

Still, I do not think it is a major issue at all.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:20 PM   #38
Tritium

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
I do not agree, I think that most people see very little from segways when they are done well, so the positive images of segways is not very popular, or seen much at all.

These segway fail videos are fun and all, but with a vacuum of positive images, and a glut of negative images, they give the segway ignorant public a very inaccurate impression of how dangerous segways are.

Still, I do not think it is a major issue at all.
I really wasn't talking about the video, I was talking about why these people are probably falling so easily.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:12 PM   #39
KSagal

Quote:

Quote:
I really wasn't talking about the video,...
Some days are easier to understand this forum than others...

Old 09-13-2013, 11:14 PM   #40
Tritium

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
Some days are easier to understand this forum than others...
I meant the whole, the end is null at this point.