SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:15 PM   #11
lilnyc
lilnyc is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

One jerk said something about getting exercise. Actually, I used it at that time to go to the gym and have always been in shape. When confronted (in a friendly, let's reason demeanor), they shy away. But most people I encounter are excited to see the Segway in person and want a ride.

One lady in the park asked why I didn't drive a car instead. Now, could I enjoy the rolling hills of the park in a...car??? "Get a motorcycle," some say. Annnd, I would take that up my elevator how?

So I just take most of these comments with a grain of salt by the salty who have likely never ridden one nor thought out their insults. Their kids are probably the bullies in school, but I digress.

Check out comments about electric scooters, the Solowheel, Yike Bike, etc. It's pretty much the same "Why not walk?" bunch.

Just love your Segway. It's for you.
lilnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:49 AM   #12
lilnyc

5 yr Member

I tried the Ninebot C and a dog growled but didn't bark.

I joked, "The dog's confused, wondering what this thing is." The dog's owner said, "He's wondering why people don't walk anymore."

**sigh**

One of THOSE guys.
Old 05-16-2015, 02:53 PM   #13
Stan671
Stan671 is a name known to allStan671 is a name known to allStan671 is a name known to allStan671 is a name known to allStan671 is a name known to allStan671 is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

You should ask those "Why not Walk?" people if they would give up their TV remote and walk to the TV to change channels. LOL
Old 05-26-2015, 01:24 PM   #14
lilnyc

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan671 View Post
You should ask those "Why not Walk?" people if they would give up their TV remote and walk to the TV to change channels. LOL
True.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:40 AM   #15
ronzul
ronzul is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member

I think peoples responses when seeing the Segway shows the real diversity of people. Although at times I have been sensitive to the negative/abusive comments, e.g. "get off and walk you lazy c#$t", I try to put it in perspective. 99% of people's responses are either interest or excitement or enthusiasm. It's probably hard to get a higher positive ratio for anything.

I kind of understand the people that say "walking is better…" who are themselves walking. But it does still amaze me the drivers (e.g. today) that screen that out. Can they really not see the irony in what they are saying??

Going past a group of drunk people I never know if I should cross the road and avoid them or not. The other night I was going past a group, and one guy screamed out "make waaay for the Segwaaay…". I hadn't heard that one before :-)
Old 06-08-2015, 10:09 PM   #16
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronzul View Post
Going past a group of drunk people I never know if I should cross the road and avoid them or not. The other night I was going past a group, and one guy screamed out "make waaay for the Segwaaay…". I hadn't heard that one before :-)
I hear that a LOT (usually late night from drunks)
PeteInLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 03:37 PM   #17
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronzul View Post
I kind of understand the people that say "walking is better…" who are themselves walking. But it does still amaze me the drivers (e.g. today) that screen that out. Can they really not see the irony in what they are saying??
I just caught an old episode of The Flintstones. I guess if it's Fred Flintstone driving his car, then he might be entitled to pass comment Although I guess he could afford to lose a few pounds too!