SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 03-27-2014, 05:13 PM   #21
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

First off, the two green LEDs rarely blink at exactly the same rate. It is hard to see in a photo, but they should blink, and will likely blink at different times, or slightly different times.

If both are blinking, you will see it within a minute or so of watching. If it appears that both are blinking at the same time, light is likely bleeding from one to the other lens.

The suggestion to plug it in and try to start it is a great one. If you have a radio or similar problem, plugging it in before turning it on may help. Also, you can hold the info key only a couple inches from the green LEDs if the internal antenna is loose. (does happen from time to time)

I agree with some of your earlier posts where you suspected that only one light is coming on. Of course, the one LED is from the front battery, so if that is the case, swap the batteries from front to back will allow you to see the other LED to come on.

Good luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:07 PM   #22
SegNerd
SegNerd will become famous soon enoughSegNerd will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovRob View Post
Just a thought. How old is the Segway? How cold is it where you keep it? If it is pre-2008 build (the serial number will tell you - if it starts with an 06 or 07 - that's the manufacture year) and temperatures are cold it maybe that the radio board isn't receiving the start-up signal from the infokey.

Try pressing the infokey while your Segway is still plugged in to the mains. If it then starts, immediately unplug the mains supply or it will shutdown after bleeping at you.

If that method gets a start up on your Segway it is a cold weather radio board issue. Keeping the Segway warmer before start-up/using it in warmer weather and the problem will disappear.
I was also thinking about the radio board as a possibility.

One thing you could try is to hold the InfoKey very close to the baseboard and then see if it works. If it does, that is an indication that you have a problem with the radio board.

However, if it still doesn't work, that unfortunately doesn't rule out the radio board or give you any new info.
SegNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 10:00 AM   #23
lilnyc
lilnyc is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegNerd View Post
I was also thinking about the radio board as a possibility.

One thing you could try is to hold the InfoKey very close to the baseboard and then see if it works. If it does, that is an indication that you have a problem with the radio board.

However, if it still doesn't work, that unfortunately doesn't rule out the radio board or give you any new info.
Interesting, SegNerd. When I started this thread, I was able to get the Segway started again.

Unfortunately now, I have a dead battery and haven't used it for years. I wonder if that issue's related.
lilnyc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
i2, infokey, no power, segway, won't turn on