SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 06-29-2016, 11:27 AM   #1
mloew
mloew is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default segway I2 value

Hi all, newbie here. I have a chance to buy 3 Segway I2 for $4300 for all three,
They all have less than 50 hours time and are all 2010 models, one has had the batteries replaced, one needs new batteries and the other has the original batteries, the two that work have no error codes or no red lights.

I don't know about the third as the battery is completely dead. I will probably swap the batteries out to see if it runs. Is $4300 a steal for the 3 or not? Thanks Mike.
mloew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 10:20 PM   #2
mloew

5 yr Member

anyone? I have to let the guy know fairly soon. Thanks for any advice.
Old 07-03-2016, 08:08 AM   #3
JohnG
Uber Administrator
Wise Segway Elder
JohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

So I just took a look at eBay "Sold" listings for i2s and saw a two for one deal go for $4k, a newer i2 go for $4499, and another used one go for $2400, and another for $2650. I'd say the range then for used Segway i2 that's on the older side (2010 is older) is around $2400-$2600 each. As long as it's working and has a working battery.

Three for $4300 sounds good, but only two are working. I'd definitely see if the third is going to work with a different set of batteries on it, and make your determination based on that (and the fact that a battery refresh is going to set you back another $1k). Three working Segway i2s for $4300 is going to be hard to beat, price-wise.

John
Old 07-03-2016, 11:17 AM   #4
Don M
Don M is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I would check the miles on them - That would mean more to me than the hours. I'm not sure how you can see the total hours . . . . does the Info-Key show that? I don't think so. Anyway, three for $4300 sounds like a pretty decent deal to me

We bought a pair of 2007 I2's last week and paid $3800 for the pair. I figured worst case, both of them would need new batteries at ~$1800 each. That plus $1900 for the machine would give me an I2 with new batteries for $3700, which is about the going rate on eBay for used machines which likely would not come with new batteries

As it turned out, one machine had 820 miles on it and batteries which last about 15 miles and the other one had 2250 miles and it's batteries are evidently pretty new, as it looks like it will probably go the full 24 miles

I think our $3800 for a pair of 2007 machines was a pretty good deal. $4300 for three machines sounds pretty good to me too - If I had found those, I would have bought them instead of the pair we did buy

Don
Don M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 04:54 PM   #5
fathertime
fathertime is a name known to allfathertime is a name known to allfathertime is a name known to allfathertime is a name known to allfathertime is a name known to allfathertime is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Smile

Please feel free to give us a call if we can be of any service to check out the machines for you.
LaGrange, Il. 60525
(708) 352-1685
fathertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 01:21 PM   #6
mloew

5 yr Member

Thanks guys.