SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:35 PM   #11
Froley
Froley is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seginaway View Post
For me, each Glide provides a new experience that continues to provide enjoyment and a new awareness of my surroundings. It also makes even more happy that I decided to become a Segway owner.

The number 1 enjoyment I get as a Glider is the freedom to meander and enjoy the environment around me. When I drive or ride a bike, I don't get to experience the environment around me, I'm just traveling through it. While a walking excursion allows one to experience the immediate environment, it also limits how far and how much you can experience.
This was so very,very well put Seginaway...I have often thought about the difference in gliding, compared to walking, biking etc. But was unable to put it into words which you did in a most excellent manner...

I like to glide on Sunday morning here in the town's historic district...the thing i feel is the quiet, the cool, the tree's overhead and the golden age of the surrounding neighborhood.

Regards
Froley
Froley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:14 AM   #12
Mamrax
Mamrax is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Favorite Thing

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Couldn't resist...Really my favorite thing is gliding to work at 5:30 in the morning with no one on the sidewalk. 10 miles of bliss!
Old 06-16-2009, 02:06 PM   #13
LibertySegway
LibertySegway will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player
Thumbs up Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaboJones View Post
The gentle breeze. The quiet whir. The closeness to trees, wildlife, buildings, people. The smile from gliders young and old and those I pass by. The fasination. The sense of freedom. The simple feeling of the glide.
[I am back on as Liberty..thanks William]

Hello......Segway Polo!!!!!!

Go GoldRush!
LibertySegway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:48 PM   #14
Seginaway
Seginaway will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertySegway View Post
[I am back on as Liberty..thanks William]

Hello......Segway Polo!!!!!!

Go GoldRush!
Never had the chance to play Segway Polo. There are not enough "horses" around my neck of the woods (in fact, I've never seen another one around here), but it would surely be something that I would jump at.

I'm actually quite jealous, Segway Polo has been a dream of mine but it doesn't appear its a local possibility. Maybe one day when I go to a SegFest.
Seginaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #15
Seginaway
Seginaway will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Default Anorther Favorite thing about my Segway . . .

Cargo Plates that can be used for lighting your favorite smoke.

Out on a glide the other day and found myself without my trusty lighter to ignite a cigar for the trip home. I look in the bag and find some "light anywhere" matches.

Suffice it to say the cargo plates make an excellent strike pad for the matches and with one flick of the wrist, the cigar smoke started wafting skyward and the glide home was sweet.

What's your favorite thing about a Segway?
Seginaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:03 PM   #16
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Default My Favorite Thing

It has to be going with my Sweet wife to Yosemite valley. For years I would sit in the car or on a bench and watch the walkers and bicyclers have their fun. Now with the Segway, an entirely new world has been opened up to me.

Looking up at Half Dome and El Capitan just takes my breath away.

Here is a picture of me at Yosemite Falls. Now that was a GREAT DAY!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yosemite.jpg (94.1 KB, 79 views)

If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by jgbackes; 08-04-2009 at 03:06 PM..
jgbackes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:18 PM   #17
segsurfer
segsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbackes View Post
It has to be going with my Sweet wife to Yosemite valley. For years I would sit in the car or on a bench and watch the walkers and bicyclers have their fun. Now with the Segway, an entirely new world has been opened up to me.

Looks like a sweet glide man.
-segsurfer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
segsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:23 PM   #18
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbackes View Post

Thanks, Jeff -- my wife has been bugging me to go, and I was wondering how accessible it would be.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:55 PM   #19
segsurfer
segsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to all

I love cruising. I've taken to cruising around the area surrounding our shop in the late afternoon every day merely to enjoy the scenery. I find the relative silence of the seg coupled with it's form factor to be perfect for observing wildlife.
-segsurfer

segsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:39 PM   #20
OregonForester
OregonForester will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seginaway View Post
Cargo Plates that can be used for lighting your favorite smoke.

Out on a glide the other day and found myself without my trusty lighter to ignite a cigar for the trip home. I look in the bag and find some "light anywhere" matches.

Suffice it to say the cargo plates make an excellent strike pad for the matches and with one flick of the wrist, the cigar smoke started wafting skyward and the glide home was sweet.

What's your favorite thing about a Segway?
That's an abuse of the cargo plates. Properly cared for, those plates will easily haul one box of "adult beverages" each, for a very long time!

Use your zipper, man!