SegwayChat
Home . Photos . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Ratings and Reviews > Segway Dealers

Notices

Segway Dealers Rate and review your experiences at a Segway dealership.

Great service from Segway of Central Florida!
Published by SegwayDan
10-22-2009
Author rating
Courteous & attentive attitude?N/A
Questions answered accurately?N/A
Pricing and negotiationsN/A
Overall experienceN/A
Recommend to a friend?N/A
Service capability & quality?N/A
Average N/A%
Default Great service from Segway of Central Florida!

I was finally seeing cord show through in spots on my i2's tires, and we got the money together to get new tires from Segway of Central Florida. I called Dave Holzapfel, the owner, who suggested that instead of paying $140 each for new wheels, tires, and tubes, that I could buy new rubber on used wheels for $90 each. Why not? That's a pretty practical way of recycling plastic, anyway.

Mt. Dora is about a three-hour drive from us, and Dave also suggested that he could come by our place today, as he was headed toward Sarasota, anyway.

He showed up on time and was all prepared with tools and torque wrench, and he did the installation in the parking lot. He also replaced both elastomers, all for $300.

I was really impressed with him and his service. He's a shining example of the rare breed of Segway dealer who is very dedicated to not only good customer service, but to also being *successful* as a Segway dealer.

As pretty much the only dealer in northern Florida, his turf extends from Tallahassee to Jacksonville, to Tampa and Sarasota, and all points in between.

Thanks again, Dave! I've got tread again!
Member rating
Courteous & attentive attitude?N/A
Questions answered accurately?N/A
Pricing and negotiationsN/A
Overall experienceN/A
Recommend to a friend?N/A
Service capability & quality?N/A
1 user rated N/A% average

Review Tools

Latest 5 reviews
  #1  
By bud01234 on 10-23-2009, 09:08 AM
Default

Just curious; why did you need new wheels? I just replaced my tires with factory ones for $90 for both.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
By SegwayDan on 10-23-2009, 09:38 AM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud01234 View Post
Just curious; why did you need new wheels? I just replaced my tires with factory ones for $90 for both.
It's like, why do I "need" someone to change the oil on my car. It's a matter of convenience, and the fact that I'm not equipped to do the work myself. I live in a condo and don't have the tools nor the workspace.

And I'm sure Dave wouldn't have relished the thought, either, of prying tires on and off of my wheels out in my parking lot.

I also didn't have the tools nor expertise to replace my elastomers which were badly in need of replacement.

I would have paid the $140 per wheel for new wheels, had the used wheels not been available and offered, and I would have driven to his shop 3 hrs each way, had he not offered to come out and do the work at my place--for the convenience.

Besides, I have better things to do with my time than to do every last thing that needs to be done myself.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
By C3RS on 10-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Default

why don't you have called a bike shop ... ? Or a motobike/scooter shop ?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
By SegwayDan on 10-23-2009, 11:23 AM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3RS View Post
why don't you have called a bike shop ... ? Or a motobike/scooter shop ?
Bike and motorcycle shops here don't work on Segway PT's, not even the tires.

The idea of my thread was to praise a Segway dealer's good service, not to have to justify what I had him do.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
By bud01234 on 10-23-2009, 02:45 PM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegwayDan View Post
Bike and motorcycle shops here don't work on Segway PT's, not even the tires.

The idea of my thread was to praise a Segway dealer's good service, not to have to justify what I had him do.
I wasn't questioning what you or the dealer did; just was curious as to what happened to your wheels and if it was something I should watch out for.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
By Civicsman on 10-23-2009, 03:25 PM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud01234 View Post
I wasn't questioning what you or the dealer did; just was curious as to what happened to your wheels and if it was something I should watch out for.
I had the same questions about what was done. If I understand correctly, the dealer mounted new tires on used wheels at his shop, then replaced the wheel/tire assemblies in SegwayDan's parking lot.

It cost SegwayDan $180 for a pair of new tubes and tires on used wheels. Dan's original used wheels were "recycled", or exchanged for the dealer's used wheels. If Dan had opted for new wheels, it would have cost him $240 and he would have had to store his old wheels or trash them.

The dealer charged $60 per side to replace the elastomer's in SegwayDan's parking lot.

The dealer went way out of his way to make this happen and should be congratulated on great customer service.

Right?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
By Gihgehls on 10-23-2009, 06:18 PM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegwayDan View Post
Bike and motorcycle shops here don't work on Segway PT's, not even the tires.

The idea of my thread was to praise a Segway dealer's good service, not to have to justify what I had him do.
Suggestion: In the future, if you'd like to avoid discussion, you should post your review in the review section of the site. Much less commentary there, but your post would be just as visible.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
By SegwayDan on 10-23-2009, 06:37 PM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civicsman View Post
I had the same questions about what was done. If I understand correctly, the dealer mounted new tires on used wheels at his shop, then replaced the wheel/tire assemblies in SegwayDan's parking lot.

It cost SegwayDan $180 for a pair of new tubes and tires on used wheels. Dan's original used wheels were "recycled", or exchanged for the dealer's used wheels. If Dan had opted for new wheels, it would have cost him $240 and he would have had to store his old wheels or trash them.

The dealer charged $60 per side to replace the elastomer's in SegwayDan's parking lot.

The dealer went way out of his way to make this happen and should be congratulated on great customer service.

Right?
Right, except the price for new wheels and tires was $140 each, or $280.

The round trip to the dealership is 250 miles which is about 5 hours of driving time and $35-40 of gas plus wear and tear on tires, etc., plus about $10 in tolls, as well as a meal at a restaurant, say $40 with tip.

Then there's the hassle of finding parking places and perhaps waiting extra time at the shop for people ahead of me.

I thought the "wheel exchange" was a good solution, both for the convenience of the tire change and as a recycling alternative to tossing the old tires and wheels in the trash.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
By quantumss on 09-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Member reviews
Courteous & attentive attitude?
100%100%100%
5
Questions answered accurately?
100%100%100%
5
Pricing and negotiations
100%100%100%
5
Overall experience
100%100%100%
5
Recommend to a friend?
100%100%100%
5
Service capability & quality?
100%100%100%
5
Average 100%
Default Segway of Central Florida

Last month I purchased a pair of X2's from them. I was very pleased with the entire transaction. They even shipped for free. So, I would recommend this dealer to anyone that is researching to buy.
Reply With Quote
Comment


Currently Active Users Viewing This Review: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Review Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:11 AM.
Copyright 2002-2017 SegwayChat.org.
All rights reserved. Not affiliated with Segway Inc.

FreshBlue vBulletin skin by
VayaDesign
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SegwayChat Archive