SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:04 PM   #51
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

Stranger on the street: "Dude, how much did that _____ cost?"
Pete: "It cost $_____"
Stranger: (pulls gun) "Hand it over..."

Fill in the blanks with the posession and cost of your choice....
PeteInLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:01 PM   #52
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendall69 View Post
Bwahahahahahhah, I love the "rude police" are in full effect.

PALLLEEEZZZEEEE show me where, that asking a price of something that is clearly available anywhere IS RUDE, really????? asking for a price of something is now considered RUDE, on what planet?

I's a flippin price, AKA the information that is on a PRICE TAG, not exactly NSA top secret info here.

Listen we get the fact that the OP is a CURMUDGEON, and has many CURMUDGEON Brethren here, but really people, AGAIN it's ONLY a flipping price.

it's not like you're divulging the whereabouts of Jimmy Hoffa, or spilling the beans on the ingredients to Coke of KFC, bwhahahahhahahahha Shhhheshs you people kill me.

Anyone who drives around in a ostentatious and flamboyant manner displaying exhibitionism and then cries deaf, dumb and mute when someone shows interest, is just a tad bit WACKO if you ask me.
If you read my posts, you would see that if a person were engaged in a conversation, and was curious as to the price, I would indeed answer their questions.

I said it was rude to start a conversation that way, or to just yell out the question. As is so often the case, being rude is in the delivery, not only the content.

I do not need to re-post all my examples. Go back and read them if you like.

Cutting and posting my words will not always give you or others the context to understand what I am saying at any given time...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:16 AM   #53
eJM
Account Suspended
eJM will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I for one don't really give a flying fig that kendall69 doesn't understand the real issue. He's not interested in reading what we say, only in the words he can put between the lines. It's okay, he's entitled to be ignorant of the issues we have of the situation. I mean, I am not nearly as upset as he appears to be. Bwhahahahhahahahha indeed.

Jim
eJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:20 AM   #54
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I also look at who is asking and how they are trying to engage in conversation. I would also consider how willing, at that moment in time, I was to enter into conversation.

My normal response, if I was going to give one, would be to quote the price new (RRP) and the approximate price used based on my knowledge.

If it was a dodgy area or the situation was suspicious, I might give a false answer (costing much less) or simply just keep going. I guess you could yell "Let me Google that for you.com"?
Old 07-25-2014, 10:15 AM   #55
dale@thecoys.net
dale@thecoys.net will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendall69 View Post
Anyone who drives around in a ostentatious and flamboyant manner displaying exhibitionism and then cries deaf, dumb and mute when someone shows interest, is just a tad bit WACKO if you ask me.
...and anyone is allowed to comment in a public forum.

Quote:

About kendall69

Segway Owners

First Segway Purchase
Not owner
What city is your house in? And how much did you pay for it?
dale@thecoys.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:24 AM   #56
Amimoto
Amimoto will become famous soon enoughAmimoto will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Was it mortgaged and what is the monthly repayment? LOL

sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk APP
Amimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:55 PM   #57
bob yarbrough
bob yarbrough has a little shameless behaviour in the past

5 yr Member

When moving at up to 12 mph and if a person yelled out "how much does that cost",
not even for a second would I think
of the questioner
as being rude. If a conversation ensued from that encounter then I would be willing to accept some degree of responsibility for the rudenessif any developed, since I chose to stop and engage the questioner. Certainly the circumstances involved in a given situation plays a very big part in laying blame for rudeness. Who gets to play God in deciding whoe's at fault for rudeness. The person with questions who may have little to no product information or the person gliding on the Segway who supposedly is knowledgeable, but who chooses not to engage in conversation due to the perceived rudeness of the questioner?

be safe,
enjoy your glide...

Bob Yarbrough
the PONY SEAT guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the PONY SEAT
bob yarbrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 10:10 AM   #58
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

In my opinion, rudeness is always perceived in the eye of the beholder. G-d has nothing to do with it.

It can easily be that one person will perceive a question as rude, and another will perceive the same thing as acceptable. That is not in question here.

The question is how do you respond to the question of how much did it cost.

I respond to that question and to most all questions in kind. If I perceive rudeness, I react accordingly. If I do not perceive rudeness, I react accordingly to that.

This is not really rocket science. It is simple human interaction, as has been well documented in the posts in this thread, some people interact better than others...

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 12:04 PM   #59
bob yarbrough
bob yarbrough has a little shameless behaviour in the past

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post

This is not really rocket science. It is simple human interaction, as has been well documented in the posts in this thread, some people interact better than others...

Ain't that the truth brother! About as plain and simple of a question as one can ask for. As a child I remember being encouraged to ask questions when one doesn't know the answer. No one ever said anything about the beginning of a conversation being a prerequisite to my question being answered, my have things changed that much.

be safe,
enjoy your glide...

Bob Yarbrough
the PONY SEAT guy

the PONY SEAT
bob yarbrough is offline   Reply With Quote