SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use

Notices

Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use Information and discussion for those with special needs interested in the Segway.

Old 01-15-2018, 04:49 PM   #1
GregRice
GregRice will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Default Asked To Leave Disney Springs

It happened to me Friday afternoon. I was in Orlando last week and was attending a pest control conference at the Hilton Buena Vista. Next door is Disney Springs. For those that don’t know it’s an entertainment, restaurant and shopping venue in the Magic Kingdom. I was in the shopping complex on my Segway about 30 minutes when 2 Disney security staff members came up to me and asked if I was staying at a Disney property. I told them I was not I was staying at the Hilton next door. They then asked me if I had plans to visit one of the parks while I was in the area, I replied no I was not. They then asked how much longer I planned on being at Disney Springs and my answer was I don’t know because I was waiting on my wife to finish shopping. They then went on to tell me that Segway’s are not allowed on Disney properties. Of course I knew that. I asked him if the ADA knew that and he said yes. He said Disney has 4 wheel stand up Segway's available, I replied I knew that but told them those aren’t Segway's and they were not designed for my size and scale. I had seen one of the standup PT Disney modified at the federal trial against Disney banning Segway's used for EPMD several years ago I testified at in Orlando. If I wasn’t with other friends I might have asked him what would they do if I didn’t leave their open shopping area complex to hear what their policy was on seeing that I leave their property.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GregRice is offline   Reply With Quote