SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:01 PM   #21
SegwayDan
Advanced Member
SegwayDan has a spectacular aura aboutSegwayDan has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Good job, Sal! My Jeep Liberty's got one on its rear window!

Dan Swanson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

727-403-2628
SegwayDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:03 PM   #22
SegwayDan
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Hey, that was a good one!

But seriously, Jonathan Ivie, Apple's ID, could most likely do a great job on the Segway's next facelift--most likely including functional design enhancements.

Dan Swanson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

727-403-2628
Old 07-05-2008, 11:04 PM   #23
SegwayDan
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I know what you mean! It's good to hear this from others.

Dan Swanson

727-403-2628
Old 07-05-2008, 11:15 PM   #24
SegwayDan
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

There are precious few executives who have the cojones TO be cocky! Well, maybe a lot of cocks out there, but few with any follow-through and staying power, to say nothing of charisma and leadership ability, like Jobs.

Think about it. Would you rather put up with a little cockiness, or put up with NO APPLE? If there were no Apple, that dreary Orwellian future might just be well entrenched around us by now--even to the extent of no WINDOWS--as BG copied the Mac interface. Command line interfaces have a habit of opting out the hoi polloi from using computers, and that would have meant slave society big time!

You don't have to buy into the lifestyle if you buy a Mac, especially these days when they have Intel chips and run Windoze fairly well, whether booting into it or running it alongside the Mac OS.

Dan Swanson

727-403-2628
Old 07-05-2008, 11:37 PM   #25
segsurfer
segsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

I just find jobs irritating, slightly self righteous. I love my ipod but itunes is crap, apple's hardware rocks but they're software sucks. Their software is just a bunch black boxes, it's great until something happens outside of its parameters, when you go in to try and organize something, it freaks out and loses your music. The best analogy/metaphor I can find for their software is that it's like a new cars engine bay. That shiny cowling looks nice, but when you need to fix something, you can't access the engine. I'll stick with my windows and my vintage cars thank you.
-segsurfer

segsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:55 AM   #26
terryp
terryp has a spectacular aura aboutterryp has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default Getting a little off-topic...

I'd just like to wish Doug well in his new position. The Segway may have been Dean's vision, but Doug led the team that pulled it off. While I have zero experience with Apple products, I may have to buy some more of their stock, knowing he's head of product development.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:08 AM   #27
SegwayDan
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I think you probably summed up this whole "event." Doug's change of employment seems to be significant from numerous angles. And the implications seem rather tantalizing.

Dan Swanson

727-403-2628
Old 07-06-2008, 02:35 PM   #28
JohnG
Uber Administrator
Wise Segway Elder
JohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I saw Doug last night at a private social event and spoke with him briefly. He seemed excited by the new opportunity and the transition plan for Segway seems solid. I think at the end of the day, this is good for everyone -- Segway gets a new perspective on its future development plans, Doug moves forward with a stellar career, and Apple gets one of the few people who understands both engineering and business needs.

John
Old 07-06-2008, 05:26 PM   #29
scotty1024
scotty1024 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrohol View Post
Doug has been the driving force in making the Segway what it is today and will be sorely missed at the company. However, with every change comes good and bad. So while it's bad the rich history and experience of Doug is leaving, it's good in that perhaps the team will get a fresh perspective into possible engineering solutions for future versions of the Segway (or Segway-like applications).
Time for a 2 hour rapid charger!

Maybe its been good it's been keeping me down after my 16 mile Costco runs but my heart is getting stronger and I want my steed to be able to keep up.

I also wouldn't mind if part of its safety checks were tire pressure sensors.

I'd also like a cigarette lighter so I can power up horns/lights/GPS/safety equipment in general.

I'd also appreciate it if it could talk. Not only would it be more friendly, but it would be more friendly to others: Wow! It talks! Kathleen Turner, Meg Ryan a woman's voice that women like as well. Extra credit if security mode would yell "I'm not that kind of transportation device, I don't go off with strangers!"

An option for a built in GPS would be nice, especially one with the 100m blue tooth so you could link to it from your Mac to upload/download routes.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:51 PM   #30
NotQuiteCode3
NotQuiteCode3 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Then how much would one cost?
NotQuiteCode3 is offline   Reply With Quote