SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:09 PM   #31
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
Yes, but it will all be written in Chinese.

For now, I don't think that NineBot will care about the US market (always a niche at best) or what the handful of US enthusiasts think. The market for personal electric transportation right now is China, selling over 20 million electric 2-wheelers a year. Those are the voices worth listening to.
我同意。

I think the purchase was primarily to get the intellectual property issues settled.

However, I think there still might be hope for significantly increasing the US market. IMHO, it will take a much less expensive product, and a marketing campaign to reverse the "not cool" perception, which is far too widespread.

I'm thinking SegTag! Enthusiasts decorate their Segs, maybe putting big wheels with spinners on their rides, then drive them off a pier to see who can get the most hang time.
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:30 PM   #32
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

I see the price going down and at some point.....And the originals Segways will increase in value?

Maybe at some point be considered a classic? who know...

I was shocked it only sold for $80 mil....
airdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 12:15 AM   #33
terrence perry
terrence perry is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Segway from china cannot wait
terrence perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 01:31 AM   #34
energetic
energetic is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdale View Post
I see the price going down and at some point.....And the originals Segways will increase in value?

Maybe at some point be considered a classic? who know...

I was shocked it only sold for $80 mil....
This is the reason why I have placed an order for an i2 SE before something changes. No idea what will be changed though yet.

As for the $80m, I wonder as well. But it also reflects that Segway was struggling(?) to get their products in a flying market mood?

Every glider in this forum has mentioned that Segway could have done something better, but perhaps their BOD knows more things than we do... or not.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proud Member of
energetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 11:05 AM   #35
MagiMike
MagiMike is a jewel in the roughMagiMike is a jewel in the roughMagiMike is a jewel in the roughMagiMike is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member SegwayFest Attendee
Thumbs up Segway Blog answers some questions about the sale.

http://blog.segway.com/20150417top-1...rger-4650.html
MagiMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 01:18 PM   #36
JohnM
JohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiMike View Post
cum grano salis
RUSA #235
UMCA #

JohnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 12:47 PM   #37
MagiMike
MagiMike is a jewel in the roughMagiMike is a jewel in the roughMagiMike is a jewel in the roughMagiMike is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
cum grano salis
Good advice- equally applicable to the Segway Blog, statements within this thread,segwaychat members, Segwaychat in general and anything on the web.

MagiMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 03:46 PM   #38
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
cum grano salis
Exactly. A careful read of the statement shows that it is full of weasel words. That's not unexpected. It's the nature of a "We bought them, and everything is just fine!" statement.

I hold to the perspective that if there are intentions to abandon ship, the engine room is the last to know. The captain doesn't want the engine room to stop pumping water.

From personal experience, the people who are going to get hurt the most are often lied to or misled, so they can "keep on pumping".
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 03:48 PM   #39
JohnM
JohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiMike View Post
Good advice- equally applicable to the Segway Blog, statements within this thread,segwaychat members, Segwaychat in general and anything on the web.

Everything you read on the web is untrue.
RUSA #235
UMCA #

JohnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 01:05 AM   #40
mryang
mryang is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

This is such a great news! Finally some real development by people that actually thinks Segway and electric powered devices are the future. So exciting! Don't understand people saying it could be bad - how can it get worse? This is amazing good news!
mryang is offline   Reply With Quote