SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:10 PM   #11
Don M
Don M is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

In my 'uneducated opinion' 55 or 60 degrees and 5 or 6 bars is darned near perfect. Mine are indoors at 68 degrees (maybe a tad cooler down at floor level) and at a similar state of charge

Don
Don M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 11:04 AM   #12
Earmic
Earmic is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

So here is another question along the same lines: If only one batt is supplying the rf for the info key, and the other one is dormant, and say a month or so passes without being plugged in, then how does the batt level on the info key reflect this condition? (one being much lower level than the other) Does it average? if one went dead and the other full, would it read 1/2 way?
Earmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 06:31 PM   #13
Don M
Don M is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I honestly don't know. When they're not in use, I check the battery gauge on our Segs every once in a while and they always read full, even though they haven't been plugged in for several weeks. When I do plug them in to charge (usually every 4 to 6 weeks) the rear battery charge light always takes much longer to start blinking than the front one, I assume due to the drain the InfoKey communications system puts on it

I would *guess* that if either battery is 'full' the gauge reads full, at least that's what appears to be the case with mine

Hopefully someone here with knowledge of what the battery gauge is actually telling us can fill us in on the particulars. I'm sure there are times when the rear battery is much closer to empty than the front one . . . . it would make sense (to me anyway) if the gauge was always reading the rear battery. If that's actually the case, 4 to 6 weeks sitting unused doesn't seem to use that much battery power

Don
Don M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 03:21 PM   #14
agkirk
agkirk is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default X2 Battery Data Bus

Any info on the pin out and data on the subject?
agkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:35 AM   #15
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earmic View Post
So here is another question along the same lines: If only one batt is supplying the rf for the info key, and the other one is dormant, and say a month or so passes without being plugged in, then how does the batt level on the info key reflect this condition? (one being much lower level than the other) Does it average? if one went dead and the other full, would it read 1/2 way?
I think the InfoKey might report the level of the lowest performing battery. So if one was half charged and the other full, it would report half. And if one battery was dead, the Segway wouldn't start. I never tried this though - it would be interesting to know for sure.

I remember being told mixing a new battery with an old one will only deliver the performance levels of the old one as Segway uses the weakest link for its redundancy. Could you imagine if it used the strongest and then suddenly died, having to rely on the weakest, only to find that was not up to the job #faceplant