SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2015, 05:21 PM   #21
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Unhappy Closing down

Hi all

Just thought I'd bring this thread back to life one final time to comment on the upcoming closure of the website www.legalisesegways.co.uk.
The domain name expires next month and I will not be renewing.

Things have gone very quiet on the 'campaign' front. Since starting the campaign I've had lots of Segway adventures, bought and sold lots of Segways, spoke to MPs, visited London on several occasions for various meetings and activities etc., captured thousands of comments and responded to what must be hundreds of emails.

Despite the petition website still capturing the odd signature, my involvement in any campaigning ceased a while back and I think the final nail in the coffin, apart from the lack of funds, was the buyout of the company and departure of Segway's European regulatory guy, who has since moved on to greener pastures.

So I never achieved my goal of contributing towards something that resulted in a change in legislation. Things have stayed the same, despite the many, many reasons why things need to change and a much greater public awareness of the Segway PT. I guess it boils down to a lack of interest in the cause from enough people to make a loud enough noise and an attitude of not wanting to change in government - or, perhaps the limited resources in government were just focused on other priorities. I could have done more but I did try. It's sad but for me it's time to move on.

I just didn't want the moment to pass un-marked. 4620 signatures, lots of heart-felt comments. It has been emotional.

I hope Segway PTs become legal on public roads and cycle lanes in the UK at some point - and if/when they do, I will certainly buy another Segway.