SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 09-09-2014, 12:36 PM   #31
Amimoto
Amimoto will become famous soon enoughAmimoto will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Sorry to hear that, hope you recover soon, I had the same experience upon testing a unit before repairing it, lucky I recover fully after 2 weeks. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...14643135317459

Again, when this error code appeared, stop using the unit, it doesn't worth the risk and should send in for repair right away.

sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk APP
Amimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 01:42 PM   #32
noalox
noalox is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I will say it again, FedEx! It will leave today. The longer you try to ride it you may be jeopardizing your warranty. Stop riding it!! It is defective and needs to be returned!

Just curious. Had you ever ridden a Segway before buying? Taken a tour or test ridden different models at a dealer? Gotten training from someone who knew what they were talking about? Did you watch the safety video you received when you bought?

Not trying to insult but trying to ride when it has given a safety shut down no less than 15 times is not very smart. Didn't they tell you what a safety shut down meant????
noalox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:23 AM   #33
DaiPlusPlus
DaiPlusPlus is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

An update:

The dealer, SK Northwest, said that because my Segway had exceeded 10 miles they couldn't offer me a new replacement, as per Segway Inc's returns policy, but did offer expedited repairs and a 6-month warranty extension. I turned this offer down and after some quick negotiations got a brand new Segway i2-SE unit, albeit with my old batteries (to be fair, they were lightly scuffed).

It arrived on Saturday after my friend dropped it off at my house (it would have been Wednesday but he was unwell, shame). The odo says I've done about 15km on it already and I've had no problems - though this new unit does seem to slowly and slightly turn to the right if I rock back-and-forward with my hands off the leansteer frame - is that normal?
DaiPlusPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 11:00 AM   #34
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiPlusPlus View Post
An update:

The dealer, SK Northwest, said that because my Segway had exceeded 10 miles they couldn't offer me a new replacement, as per Segway Inc's returns policy, but did offer expedited repairs and a 6-month warranty extension. I turned this offer down and after some quick negotiations got a brand new Segway i2-SE unit, albeit with my old batteries (to be fair, they were lightly scuffed).

It arrived on Saturday after my friend dropped it off at my house (it would have been Wednesday but he was unwell, shame). The odo says I've done about 15km on it already and I've had no problems - though this new unit does seem to slowly and slightly turn to the right if I rock back-and-forward with my hands off the leansteer frame - is that normal?
I guess when all of us were telling don't use it and get it back to dealer would of gotten a new one for you no questions asked?

Are your tires filled with correct and EVEN pressure?

As for rocking it back and forth with no hands?...be carful...segs are not happy going backwards....

With all the questions on how it rides what it does....I think renting a unit first would of been a far better help for you? MHO..

Good luck and glide safe.
airdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 01:19 PM   #35
dale@thecoys.net
dale@thecoys.net will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiPlusPlus View Post
An update:
- though this new unit does seem to slowly and slightly turn to the right if I rock back-and-forward with my hands off the leansteer frame - is that normal?
Any "lean" of the leansteer would do that, and it's entirely normal.

Perhaps tire pressure (as suggested by airdale). Perhaps the wind is blowing the leansteer a bit (a common happening). Perhaps the you have a bag hanging on the handlebars? Perhaps the leansteer isn't exactly attached verticaly. Etc.
dale@thecoys.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 06:56 PM   #36
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale@thecoys.net View Post
Any "lean" of the leansteer would do that, and it's entirely normal.

Perhaps tire pressure (as suggested by airdale). Perhaps the wind is blowing the leansteer a bit (a common happening). Perhaps the you have a bag hanging on the handlebars? Perhaps the leansteer isn't exactly attached verticaly. Etc.
If the machine is not on a perfectly level surface, it will turn towards the low side of that surface. This is due to the software assumption that the operator will keep the LS perpendicular to gravity when the platform encounters uneven or slanted surfaces.

The new LS frames are secured at the pivot by the factory, and should be perfect. Removal of the sub LS frame for shipping etc. is done up higher now, and does not affect the pivot assembly verticality.
PeteInLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 11:41 PM   #37
dale@thecoys.net
dale@thecoys.net will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteInLongBeach View Post
The new LS frames are secured at the pivot by the factory, and should be perfect. .
Oops. I forgot this was an SE.
dale@thecoys.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 06:47 AM   #38
Amimoto
Amimoto will become famous soon enoughAmimoto will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Non of any road or ground is flat, because rain and stormwater need to run off to the kerb or side of the road, which often make the sensitive Segway to turn slightly on "flat" surface.

Sent from my Sony Z3 using Tapatalk
Amimoto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
i2se