SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 12-26-2016, 04:01 PM   #1
Milt
Milt is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member
Cool Tire Rubbing on fender, new X2SE.

My Christmas present was shipped up here from Kady Texas after being assembled by people who strip allen set screws when they assemble things. It was not repacked in the original factory packaging as well, and the box was mostly round when it got here with things rattling around lose in it. Fedex was rolling it rather than picking it up. It passed the check out, the screws were replaced and I took it out just now.

The right tire rubs the fender very slightly during operation during one part of the rotation for approximately a quarter of a turn. The rim is not exactly perpendicular to the triangular mounting plate. I note that there appear to be three allen set screws placed in the face of the wheel on the shaft side, and it strikes me that the set screw or screws could be backed out to move the wheel farther from the fender, or perhaps just the one on the side that is rubbing the fender.

Am I on the right track with this?

Milt
Milt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 05:05 PM   #2
Milt
Milt is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member
Default Tire Rubbing

I measured the axle clearance from the face of the transmission, and it is perpendicular all the way around. The apparent wobble is from a wheel that is bent such that the tire appears to wobble when rolling. Good thing it is winter time around here.
Milt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 02:48 AM   #3
MuttonChops
MuttonChops will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Rotate Position on Hub

If the wheel is not bent big time you might try mounting in each of the three possible positions on the hub. Many folks have noted a sweet spot with a slightly bent wheel working fine in a specific hub position. At least that has been the case on i2 models.

= = =
6-Years, 10,200 Miles
MuttonChops is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire rubs, wheel alignment