SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:15 PM   #81
Seginaway
Seginaway will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Default Karl . . .

Agreement!! At last!!! (only kidding)

I see/pass many of the same people in their cars all along the way wherever I go in town.

Not only do I get around town faster then most cars, but the best thing is the parking. Always closest to the door, in & out quick and off down the road.

By the way, 26F today, bright and sunny with little wind. An excellent day to glide. Not Segway Dan's weather, but great gliding weather for me this time of year.
Seginaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #82
bob yarbrough
bob yarbrough has a little shameless behaviour in the past

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seginaway View Post
Sometimes when the petrol station is empty, I make a round trip encircling the pumps and then off into night.

I plead guilty to doing this also on many occasions(even when they are busy). I wouldn't say it's my favorite thing to do while on a Segway(actually anything I can do hands free/knee steer(ing)) would pretty much be my favorite thing to do on a Segway.

be safe
enjoy your glide.....

Bob Yarbrough
the PONY SEAt GUY

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
the PONY SEAT
bob yarbrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:57 AM   #83
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
Someone left me a nasty comment on the reputation format saying I was interjecting my personal politics into an otherwise pleasant thread. I was just explaining my simple comment, and was not trying to be political.

The good news is that the person who left this nasty note finally signed it. Usually, they do this and hide their name. Apparently their name is 'Jerk' as that is how they signed it. I am guessing it is their name. Perhaps it is more of title.
Hell, I got the joke, and I thought it was (mildly) funny. Why should I let your dysfunctional political opinions interfere with my sense of humor?

I vote for also blaming Al Gore for internet flame wars. After all, he invented the thing.

(And yes, I know there's a bit more context to that infamous remark).

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:47 PM   #84
Seginaway
Seginaway will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Default 18 degrees during last night's commute home. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegwayDan View Post
Ah, pity you poor Northerners! Our Gulf Coast Florida climate far better embraces both t-shirts AND year-'round gliding! ;-) The temperature as I type, on a sunny blue skies January 2nd, 20012, is 63° F!!
First REAL cold snap of the year. +18 degrees F with a brisk 15 mph headwind. It was so cold it brought tears to my eyes. Trigger performed well, even if a little sluggish up the hills and unable to hit top speed.

Now, if we can only get a little snow.
Seginaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:22 AM   #85
rwoynaro
rwoynaro is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Did you ever experience any trouble getting the Seg to start or run in cold weather ? I haul mine on the back of my car on a SegVator every morning to work and I was concerned if the cold would be too much and not let it start when I get to work.
rwoynaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:11 AM   #86
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwoynaro View Post
Did you ever experience any trouble getting the Seg to start or run in cold weather ? I haul mine on the back of my car on a SegVator every morning to work and I was concerned if the cold would be too much and not let it start when I get to work.
This has been discussed countless times here :

http://www.google.com/search?q=cold+...r=&safe=images
PeteInLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #87
paneinglass
paneinglass is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Grand Canyon Glide

I took my wife and two friends, and 4-segways to the south rim. We rode 8-miles on the rim path each way. After the 1st 1/2 mile, there were hardly any other pedestrians. It was amazing. On our return to the parking lot, we encountered one of the park police who said we were not allowed. But we were already done. I asked him when his next day off was.
paneinglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #88
aricisom
aricisom is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteInLongBeach View Post
Not by then same people...

Aric Isom

How-To - What-For - Why-So-Funny

Please visit:
aricisom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:26 PM   #89
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteInLongBeach View Post

http://www.google.com/search?q=cold+...r=&safe=images
Quote:
Originally Posted by aricisom View Post
Not by then same people...
Aric has a point. Many items may seem repetitive if you hang around here long enough. But that does not make them inappropriate if you don't know the answer to a question.

One way to research anything is to look it up. Do a search on this forum, and on other databases, is surely one way to find some answers.

But simply asking the question, in an appropriate place, is surely another way to find your answer...

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:38 PM   #90
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
Aric has a point. Many items may seem repetitive if you hang around here long enough. But that does not make them inappropriate if you don't know the answer to a question.

One way to research anything is to look it up. Do a search on this forum, and on other databases, is surely one way to find some answers.

But simply asking the question, in an appropriate place, is surely another way to find your answer...
I never said the question was inappropriate, only prefacing my answer (link) to it. It was intended to helpful - sorry if it was perceived or spun otherwise.
PeteInLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote