SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > In the News

Notices

In the News All of the latest Segway-related news.

Old 07-09-2015, 02:54 AM   #1
BoscoBob
BoscoBob is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default NEW! Flintstones Segway

I understand it is powered by an electric drill. No estimates on range or speed yet.

Old 07-27-2015, 08:00 AM   #2
BoscoBob

5 yr Member
Default Now, with the new T-rex option :D

Old 07-30-2015, 09:09 PM   #3
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

The first video for some reason reminded me of an inverse of those dog wheel chairs you see for dogs with bad rear hips. They attach to the back half of a dog, and they pull themselves along with their front legs...

This was reverse of that, but my mind went there anyway.

The artist's second video and idea was far superior to mine, and I really liked his project.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:37 PM   #4
BoscoBob

5 yr Member

Karl, I've often thought about some form of temporary "decoration" for my Segway for doing parades or Sunday Parkways.

If something could be made, similar to this, and connected to the tires to simulate walking... Well, it would kick butt!

BoscoBob
Old 07-31-2015, 06:19 PM   #5
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoscoBob View Post
Karl, I've often thought about some form of temporary "decoration" for my Segway for doing parades or Sunday Parkways.

If something could be made, similar to this, and connected to the tires to simulate walking... Well, it would kick butt!

BoscoBob
I agree. Years ago, I saw a costume for a man and segway, where he looked to be riding a dragon. It used the classic costume design where he showed his upper torso in costume, but while his legs were hidden inside the body of the dragon, he had fake legs on the outside of the beast.

Because the dragon was far larger than human, (of fake horse) and had the visible but rather small wings, the parade float was a great item.

Problem is that I never made the copy. I was thinking of some sort of arrangement with something that looked like a giant hoop skirt on suspenders over my shoulders, which would allow me to simply hike up my pettiecoat, and step onto or off the segway...

One day...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.