SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 02-20-2014, 11:54 AM   #11
JohnM
JohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

I'm surprised that anyone would want to be part of a forum where I am a senior active member, second only in longevity to the administrator, JohnG. Welcome one and all, regardless of what brings you here.
RUSA #235
UMCA #

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

JohnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:19 PM   #12
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Default Glad you decided to join the conversation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
I'm surprised that anyone would want to be part of a forum where I am a senior active member, second only in longevity to the administrator, JohnG. Welcome one and all, regardless of what brings you here.
The question I was asking was not answered. Why did you join? I have to assume there was some reason behind your decision? Do you think you are a troll or am I just misunderstanding your posts.

Seriously please take some time and tell me what I'm missing.

If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jgbackes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:40 PM   #13
SegNerd
SegNerd will become famous soon enoughSegNerd will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

I think part of the issue is a very high standard for "liking Segways."

I like Segways very much, and mine has changed my life for the better. But there have been times where, if I said something even mildly critical about any aspect of a Segway (admittedly, sometimes due to poor phrasing on my part), sometimes I am instantly regarded as a troll who was attacking the members.

Is it enough to like Segways but have concerns about certain things? (Not being specific here because I don't want to sidetrack.) Do you have to be a fanatic who thinks that Segways are perfect and criticism of Segways is heresy?

This may not apply to the members mentioned earlier in this thread, but it really doesn't take much around here to get labeled as a "hater."
SegNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:07 PM   #14
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegNerd View Post
I think part of the issue is a very high standard for "liking Segways."

<snip>

This may not apply to the members mentioned earlier in this thread, but it really doesn't take much around here to get labeled as a "hater."
I hear you brother. I never see complaining about a problem with a personal segway as troll behavior. "My battery sucks", "Why do I get stick shake", or "Filling Tires Sucks" are all great topics of conversation.

What I take issue with are the "If you own a segway your are a looser", "Bikes are always better in every situation" or "I'm so happy this segway dude took a fall"

I wish we all would follow the "Golden Segway Rule"...

Talk about their Segway's the way you want them to about yours. or put another way... If you don't own a Segway and don't like them, keep your pie hole shut!

Now, go outside and glide!

If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

jgbackes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:39 PM   #15
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
While I often wonder about what motivates you, and the source of your interest....

To me, it's enough that you're INTERESTED in Segways. I even read about bikes sometimes, myself.

And you don't engage in personal attacks, which gives you a few bonus points over some members.

If we ever meet in person, I look forward to a lively, interesting, friendly conversation.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:51 PM   #16
JohnM
JohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob.Kerns View Post
While I often wonder about what motivates you, and the source of your interest....

To me, it's enough that you're INTERESTED in Segways. I even read about bikes sometimes, myself.

And you don't engage in personal attacks, which gives you a few bonus points over some members.

If we ever meet in person, I look forward to a lively, interesting, friendly conversation.
Bob,
I grew weary of justifying my membership to newbies of this and TIQ forums long before most of you joined the Segway choir. Its all out in the archives if anyone has an interest in facts and not silly accusations. But in a nutshell my interest in Segways is 2 fold:
1. I live in southern New Hampshire, so Segway is a local business. Although Segway never made DK the largest employer in the state (a dream he spoke of on local radio), its still an interesting ongoing story. For me to wish Segway any ill will would be asking for the loss of local jobs. Never.
2. Any device that can replace a single internal combustion engine on the road is worth a nod of appreciation, whether its a Segway, a Tesla Model S or a bike. We're all on this messed up planet together. Anyone who thinks otherwise and would toss around terms like 'hater' and 'troll' because someone favors one good solution over another needs to take a serious look in the mirror.
RUSA #235
UMCA #

JohnM is offline   Reply With Quote