SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Stuff to Buy and Sell

Notices

Stuff to Buy and Sell Classified ads for anything Segway-related accessories, products and sales.

Old 09-24-2015, 12:52 PM   #11
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

What sort of range do 100+ lb dogs get?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 09:40 PM   #12
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gihgehls View Post
What sort of range do 100+ lb dogs get?
I can easily see when you ask baited questions, however...

Rusty, my Rhodesian Ridgeback mix (about 125 pounds) could easily run for 10 miles or so, but we rarely went more than 5 or 8. By the way, he used to run along side my bike, when younger, and had no problems with those speeds. Often, he would pull the bike.

Keisha, my Rottweiller purebred (AKC Papered, about 140 pounds) trotted slower than Rusty, but would go forever. I do not know how far she would run.

At one point, I had a tandem mountain bike for two, which my wife and I rode, and I had attached a one wheel trailer which was a bike extension (so my son could sit, pedal, and have his own handlebars) and my daughter was just a baby, and she was on a handlebar mounted baby seat, and both dogs were on outriggers, one on either side.

Typically, Rusty would pull this entire rig on the way out, because we did not pedal fast enough to suit him. After a mile or so, we would pedal to move ourselves along. By the way home, Keisha would be towing the entire operation. She loved it. Rusty was older, and taller, and faster, but Keisha would get into her stride several miles in, and she simply did not want to stop.

With the segway, I use to walk both dogs on a retractable leash. They would be on a 3 foot spreader, on the end of the one leash. Early in the ride, Rusty would set the pace, (usually just a tad faster than Keisha liked), but we could often go for several miles. Keisha loved to pull and work for it. She really liked to pull the segway along... This was back in my E-160 days. I had the NiMH batteries, and range was not that great...

On the return trips, I would leave the segway on, but lean back, and Keisha would pull me home, charging the segway along the way, while Rusty trotted along side...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:42 PM   #13
rotorblades
rotorblades is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracefuli View Post
Anyway you can do something with side cargo carriers that would put him in your view vs behind you?
i use a bungi cord hooked to my cargo carriers to pull my suitcase
rotorblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 05:58 PM   #14
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdale View Post
Anyone have a used trailer hitch that fits a i2 or X2?

I will be getting a service dog, thought I could tow him beind on long distances..

I saw them a few years ago, using Google didnt find any.
Segway Junkyard sells a nice one that bolts to the transmission housing.

Slide for less/Segway Junkyard

I have also had some luck with a bungie cord around the base. Here are some photos...

jeff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P5218386.jpg (151.9 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg P5218387.jpg (108.0 KB, 42 views)

If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

Last edited by jgbackes; 10-25-2015 at 06:07 PM..
jgbackes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 11:33 PM   #15
AggiePhil
AggiePhil is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbackes View Post
Segway Junkyard sells a nice one that bolts to the transmission housing.

Slide for less/Segway Junkyard
I'm getting back into riding after a 4-5 year hiatus and I'd really like to be able to tow my toddler around behind me from time to time. Not for $500 plus the cost of a trailer though! I can't believe they charge that for those things.

Oh well. The more I think about it, my riding style is fairly intense and I doubt it'd lend itself to towing a trailer anyway.
AggiePhil is offline   Reply With Quote