SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 10-12-2016, 04:04 PM   #1
didierx
didierx is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default segway i2 re-cell

hi

i re-celled my i2 battery but my two lights are red and he give me a e102 or e10a error. i would like to know if the circuit board in the battery must be reprogrammed for work.

thx didier
didierx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 02:30 AM   #2
Segway Corvallis
Segway Corvallis is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Error Codes

Error code: E10a[/B][/B]The Front CU Board reports: Unable to communicate with the battery pack attached
Recommended Action: Swap positions of the battery packs and restart. If the same error code is persistent, replace the power base or return to factory for service. If another error code is displayed, decode new error and follow those steps.
Error code: E102
The Rear CU Board reports: Unable to communicate with the battery pack attached
Recommended Action: Swap positions of the battery packs and restart. If the same error code is persistent, replace the power base or return to factory for service. If another error code is displayed, decode new error and follow those steps

Suggest you try two working batteries that show green lights when plugged. Visit your closest Segway Dealer for support. Or call me if I can help.
Thanks Rick
Segway Of Corvallis
541-740-3021
Segway Corvallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 08:08 AM   #3
didierx

5 yr Member

thanks Rick

that it i have a e102 error and when i swap my battery a e10a error if just the rear battery code 042
Old 10-13-2016, 11:40 AM   #4
MTOBATTERY
MTOBATTERY has a spectacular aura aboutMTOBATTERY has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by didierx View Post
hi

i re-celled my i2 battery but my two lights are red and he give me a e102 or e10a error. i would like to know if the circuit board in the battery must be reprogrammed for work.

thx didier
Based upon the information you provided it sounds like you may have either used cells which do not meet the specification the Segway needs and/or you may have damaged the BMS during removal or installation. If you need assistance MTO can evaluate your batteries and repair if needed. We have all of the tools necessary to diagnose and fix anything to do with these batteries.
MTOBATTERY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 07:36 AM   #5
didierx

5 yr Member

tank you Jason

do you mean the two battery have a problem and it is impossible for me to resolve this problem

didier
Old 10-14-2016, 12:33 PM   #6
dale@thecoys.net
dale@thecoys.net will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
do you mean ... it is impossible for me to resolve this problem

didier
It's possible for anybody to develop the technical skill and to invest the time (and money for tools and instruments) to completely understand the circuitry involved and the procedures and equipment required to resolve the problems.

MTOBattery has done that, and it's certainly possible for you to do it.

Of course, diagnosing the problems requires access to the batteries which, at the moment, you have and they don't.
dale@thecoys.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 02:19 PM   #7
ions82
ions82

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale@thecoys.net View Post
It's possible for anybody to develop the technical skill and to invest the time (and money for tools and instruments) to completely understand the circuitry involved and the procedures and equipment required to resolve the problems.

MTOBattery has done that, and it's certainly possible for you to do it.

Of course, diagnosing the problems requires access to the batteries which, at the moment, you have and they don't.
I have done a bit of technical work in my time. I took apart a Seg battery to explore the idea of rebuilding it. I discovered pretty quickly that trying to rebuild these things is WAY more work than it's worth. I'll gladly leave it to the pros. Of course, one could probably cobble together a working battery, but it would be incredibly difficult to rebuild one of these batteries PROPERLY. They are extremely well-built from the factory (part of the reason they cost so much.) They are way better than any other commercially-available small-scale EV battery that I've seen. Most e-bike batteries are a joke in comparison with the Seg batteries. The companies that rebuild these things are pretty ambitious for even attempting it. I can't imagine the amount of work that it requires.
ions82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 04:28 PM   #8
MTOBATTERY
MTOBATTERY has a spectacular aura aboutMTOBATTERY has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
tank you Jason

do you mean the two battery have a problem and it is impossible for me to resolve this problem

didier
I did not say nor did I intend to imply that it is impossible for you to resolve the problem. It is just very difficult to diagnose or even assist you without having the batteries in front of me.
MTOBATTERY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 06:04 PM   #9
didierx

5 yr Member

Thank you for your help. I live in Canada and it is a bit more complicated to send my battery. I'll watch what I can do to send
* thank you