SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion > Reference Information & How-To's

Notices

Reference Information & How-To's Valuable reference information, stolen Segway reporting, how-to's, error codes & more.

Old 07-23-2017, 01:42 AM   #1
drosen
drosen is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default How to test i167 Charging Circuit

Hi All:

I recently received a 1st Gen i167 with lithium batteries that had been sitting in a warehouse for while. The batteries are dead and I want to see if I'd be lucky and they would take a charge. It doesn't charge and I'm stuck and need some help.

1. When I plug in the charging cable, I get no lights. When I unplug the cable after about 2 seconds both red lights blink 3 times.
2. I read that the power connector should be a little loose to provide some play, but I think it is too loose.
3. I put a meter on all combinations of the connector holes while the charging wire was plugged in and I got zero volts everywhere.
4. How do I get the rubber mat that goes under the fenders completely off without tearing it so I can take out the torx (star) screws and get to the control board to see if the charging connector wires are intact?
5. If the wires are intact on the control board, what else should I look at and how else should I test the charging circuit, which appears not to be working?

Thanks in advance for much need help ! !
drosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:44 PM   #2
drosen
drosen is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default New / Additional Information

After being plugged in for more than 12 hours, suddenly green light on left came on, right light still off. 10 minutes later, green light off and neither light on. Wiggling power cable (which DOES go all the way into the connector) will occasionally make the green light blink.
Regardless, every time I unplug power from connector, both lights blink red 3 times.

Looking to me like I will need to take column apart and see if I can find loose or broken wires between the charge connector and its the control board.

Any help, advice, or suggestions from the experts out there will be greatly appreciated. I'm back to work on it next weekend.
drosen is offline   Reply With Quote