SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion > Reference Information & How-To's

Notices

Reference Information & How-To's Valuable reference information, stolen Segway reporting, how-to's, error codes & more.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #1
mroberts
mroberts is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Unhappy X2 won't start except when plugged in

Hi,
this may be referenced elsewhere but I couldn't see it.
Having left a couple of X2's without using them for a few weeks, they would not start up, the info keys would start to fire up and then go back to clock. The batteries were charged up with no effect. If the segways were plugeed into the charging cables then they would start up immediately (and then do the judder until the cable was unplugged). If they were switched off, then they would not start up unless plugged in. If left powered up in balance mode for an hour or so then they could be started again without plugging into mains, but the problem was back the next day when they would not start up unless plugged into the mains.
Help, please!

thanks, Martyn
mroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

This is a known problem with early production units. You can either replace the radio board, or live with having to plug them in to start them.

The temperature of the board is what is causing the problem, keeping your Segways warm will normally fix the problem.

If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jgbackes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:37 AM   #3
Toto
Toto is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbackes View Post
This is a known problem with early production units. You can either replace the radio board, or live with having to plug them in to start them.

The temperature of the board is what is causing the problem, keeping your Segways warm will normally fix the problem.
Yes, I can confirm that.
I've encountered this several times with a rented Segway i2 (manufactured week #04/2007) this winter with temperatures just above 0°C.
Connecting power let it start without problem.
So I parked the Segway in the house instead of the carport and had no more start problems.
On trips I always have a power cable with me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Toto is offline   Reply With Quote