SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:50 AM   #1
bob yarbrough
bob yarbrough has a little shameless behaviour in the past

5 yr Member
Default Google Glass OR Skully Augmented helmet?

would you OR have you ever use Google Glass OR the new Skully helmet while gliding on a Segway? I know, I know it's a motorcycle helmet but, it's a really cool helmet!!!

I also know it could be a hugh distraction for some who don't understand how to focus and pay attention while gliding but still it's really cool!!!

article on the Skully helmet:

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/T...ous-80792.html

be safe,
enjoy your glide...

Bob Yarbrough
the PONY SEAT guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
the PONY SEAT
bob yarbrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:17 AM   #2
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I believe it has been posted many times here on this forum that the distraction of the phone call is more of a threat than the holding the device.

I believe distractions are a big problem, and cannot imagine more distractions as being in anyway safer or enhancing safety.

There are many times I have followed drivers, and had the feeling I have seen on bumper stickers...

Often times I wished they would just hang up and drive.

This is no less important for segway drivers, and perhaps even more important considering the segway's ability to segue from vertical to horizontal faster than most any device I know of...

I say this knowing that I am not perfect, and that I have allowed myself to be distracted in the past, and it does not end well. Luckily, it has been many years since I have allowed myself to succumb to accident causing distractions, either in the car or segway.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:06 PM   #3
SegNerd
SegNerd will become famous soon enoughSegNerd will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

While driving distracted is not acceptable, there is nothing wrong with using a motorcycle helmet with a Segway. I have used one ever since I crashed wearing a bicycle helmet and got a black eye.

I had a really bad crash several months back, and I needed stitches in my ankle, but thanks to my motorcycle helmet, I did not sustain any head injuries even though I landed face-down. (FWIW, I was not distracted - I just thought it might be a good idea to go fast over a speed bump, d'oh!)

The Skully helmet is just a prototype at this point, so it would be pretty tough to get one anyway.
SegNerd is offline   Reply With Quote