SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 03-16-2016, 02:48 PM   #1
Pease1
Pease1 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Testing CSB on I167

Jason from MTO Batteries called me today informing me that he has discovered, after re-building my batteries that the BMS boards on both of my batteries were dead. Jason said that this is a very uncommon occurrence. Normally only one battery's BMS would be bad in a pair if any were bad.

So per Jason's recommendation I want to get my CSB tested. The last thing I want to do is put two re-celled batteries with replacement BMS boards in them on a charger that will re-fry the BMS boards. I have an electrical engineer friend who repairs scientific instruments for a living that can take a look at it, but by looking at the CSB, isolating the pins on the connectors that are responsible for charging is impossible. Does someone have the pin-outs for these?

I have a friend with a working I167, but I'm afraid to just do the MTO charge test in fear of possibly frying his batteries.
Pease1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 03:21 PM   #2
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Pretty much all technical information related to Segs is very difficult to come by. Segway doesn't provide such information. Even a list of error codes has been pretty much impossible to obtain, in the almost 10 years I have been on this forum.

However, you might check the "New Member" part of the forum for a post from "repairs" in the UK. If they're fixing Segs, they must have some info. Perhaps they will help you with a pin out.
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:31 PM   #3
Isidore
Isidore will become famous soon enoughIsidore will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

csb: this was always unreliable and lots of people spent a great deal of time trying to get a circuit diagram without much success. If someone has cracked this that would be a big step forward