SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 05-28-2014, 02:04 AM   #11
Amimoto
Amimoto will become famous soon enoughAmimoto will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Elastomer will absorb and even out the torque transferred from motor to the gearbox, above picture showed the damaged connection joint to the gearbox (right side photo is the comparison of a good and bad shaft cupeling)

Below pictured showed a cracked Gen1 shaft cupeling on the outer edge

sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk APP

Last edited by Amimoto; 05-28-2014 at 02:23 AM..
Amimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:21 PM   #12
terryp
terryp has a spectacular aura aboutterryp has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default For Animoto

You've shared a lot of useful information about all things Segway in the short time you've been posting here. I wonder if you could share how you came by your detailed knowledge and specialized tools. Do you work at a Segway repair facility in Taiwan?
Old 06-04-2014, 06:23 AM   #13
Amimoto
Amimoto will become famous soon enoughAmimoto will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Yes we ran an unauthorized Segway repair center in Taiwan, from appx 2 years ago.

We specialize in aviation electronic repairs, and had good knowledge of LIPoFe4 energy storage solution. Repair Segways is more of a hobby then work as there is only 200 units in Taiwan, however we do receive quite a lot Segways from neighboring country.

FYI Segway importer had been absent in this island since 2007 and a company listed on Segway Inc's site who claimed to be the importer, is base thousands of kilometers away in Guangdong China whom had never sold a unit nor provide any service to this region since 2007.

For Segway service in Taiwan, we can be found here http://www.facebook.com/Segway.Taiwan

sent from my Sony Z2 using Tapatalk
Amimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:58 PM   #14
hafniate
hafniate is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Exclamation Same problem; generation and elastomer?

Wow 11 years!? Well, I have the same problem. I've misbehaved and have been riding the noisy segway for over 2 months. First it was as if someone kicked me from behind when I stopped gently, now it makes serial clicking sounds as if it's skipping a few gears. The bolt came off twice and I rode bolt-less for a day twice wheel wobbling, maybe imposing much pressure onto axis! So far, no catastrophe/tragedy ...

I'm looking for an elastomer. I have a Gen1 i180 segway. Is the elastomer common to i2 and Gen1 i.e. are they of same size and material, or must I find specifically the one for my model? Should I buy it together with the coupling frame, or even including the whole gearbox, or just the elastomer bit itself? Thanks!
hafniate is offline   Reply With Quote