SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 03-27-2014, 11:00 PM   #11
BringOnI2
BringOnI2 will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredHT View Post
Tritium,

Yeah, we haven't seen any open scallops since the prototype 'Ginger' days (come to think of it... I think I still have some of those prototypes in my basement.

Anyway, back to the point... I would bet that it wouldn't be too dissimilar to todays wheels. Perhaps a little more styled... curved instead of flat perhaps.
It's 2014. I was hoping for Tweels
BringOnI2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:31 PM   #12
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
I started into a long winded answer on another thread about the SE model... so I thought I'd open up a thread to answer any 'hands-on' questions that people may have... or if you'd like a picture of a specific part, process, or angle. Let me know and I'll do my best to answer/post everything.
Thanks for doing their marketing for them. Over the years, it's the dealers and tour companies which have really carried the marketing ball for Segway. Over the years I've seen a real shift in public attitude, and I think it's largely due to the efforts of you folks.

The question that occurred to me on my way into to work this morning is -- is the adjustable range of the SE leansteer height any greater? Mine is at max height, but I wish it were a good 6 inches higher. At the same time, when used by little people, it seems they have to cut it down to size. We humans really do cover quite a range in size.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:13 AM   #13
JaredHT
JaredHT will become famous soon enoughJaredHT will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbackes View Post
Jared,

Please tell us about the connection of the new lean steer with the shaft. Does it look like a part we could just swap out? How about the power supply, does it look like it could be swapped onto an old i2?

jeff
Jeff, I've reached out to Inc regarding your question... it's something they're talking about right now. They currently don't have any packaged (or pieced together for that matter) solution for upgrading an existing Gen:2 owner to an SE. But it is a concern that they're aware of... time will tell with this one. I'll update you as soon as I hear more.

[QUOTE=Bob.Kerns;233888
The question that occurred to me on my way into to work this morning is -- is the adjustable range of the SE leansteer height any greater? Mine is at max height, but I wish it were a good 6 inches higher. At the same time, when used by little people, it seems they have to cut it down to size. We humans really do cover quite a range in size.[/QUOTE]

Bob, see pics below, but in a nutshell... no. Same height. The lower LS frame is exactly the same size with the same placement of the adjustment knob... and the upper LS is, well... exactly the same as the i2 model.

As always, click to enlarge.

(614) 299.1100

Call Today For Your Best Deal!
JaredHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:10 PM   #14
Stan671
Stan671 is a name known to allStan671 is a name known to allStan671 is a name known to allStan671 is a name known to allStan671 is a name known to allStan671 is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Thanks, Jared, for the info and the pix. Segway's web is chuck full of non-information.

If the upper part of the LSF is the same, then it sounds like the older i2 front bag and other handlebar accessories would fit the i2 SE and visa versa.

And it looks like the gearboxes and fenders are the same, so lower cargo frames, etc may work for both i2 and i2 SE.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:13 PM   #15
terryp
terryp has a spectacular aura aboutterryp has a spectacular aura about

Default Bad luck?

Quote:
Pete, Yeah, read that. Just turns out I had a unit with bad lights. Just bad luck I suppose. Inc is taking care of it.
It's a little concerning that a brand new model could make it out the door with bad lights. If something that simple and obvious could be overlooked, what about the important stuff? I once received my i2 back from INC Service missing its console cover. These things make me question their quality control.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:37 PM   #16
Tritium
Tritium will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringOnI2 View Post
It's 2014. I was hoping for Tweels
Michelin have already addressed Tweels for Segways, and it just won't work well.
Because, Tweels are very weight sensitive, therefore each one must be custom made to the weight of the rider, or else there will be; Too much squishy or too little squishy.
Tritium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:50 PM   #17
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritium View Post
Michelin have already addressed Tweels for Segways, and it just won't work well.
Because, Tweels are very weight sensitive, therefore each one must be custom made to the weight of the rider, or else there will be; Too much squishy or too little squishy.
So even if we had them, we might have to use a different set of tires after a big Thanksgiving meal?

How sensitive are we talking? I have seen them on cars, yet the car weighs varying amounts by hundreds of pounds based on how much fuel is in the tanks, and how many passengers are inside.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:51 PM   #18
Tritium
Tritium will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default SE Model Q&A and Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
So even if we had them, we might have to use a different set of tires after a big Thanksgiving meal?

How sensitive are we talking? I have seen them on cars, yet the car weighs varying amounts by hundreds of pounds based on how much fuel is in the tanks, and how many passengers are inside.

Well, the Segway is an extremely light vehicle, unlike a car/Humvee.
So, this means even fairly minor weight changes will affect the ride.

And apparently, the material and build of the Tweel is so sensitive to those changes.

Sent from my Tapatalk using iPhone
Tritium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:21 PM   #19
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritium View Post
Well, the Segway is an extremely light vehicle, unlike a car/Humvee.
So, this means even fairly minor weight changes will affect the ride.

And apparently, the material and build of the Tweel is so sensitive to those changes.

Sent from my Tapatalk using iPhone
This does make sense, in that a 100 pound difference on my segway (120 pounds for the seg+ 230 pounds for me and accessories) means an add of about 30% of the weight, as opposed to the 300 pounds (of gas and an extra passenger) add to my SUV (About 4000 pounds) of only about 7.5%.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:03 AM   #20
JaredHT
JaredHT will become famous soon enoughJaredHT will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Yeah, but man do they look boss!

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/...res-hits-road/
(614) 299.1100

Call Today For Your Best Deal!
JaredHT is offline   Reply With Quote