SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 04-21-2014, 04:16 PM   #1
dudeman1961
dudeman1961 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Experience with Kenda K760 Tires on i2

Hello SegwayChatters,

I am looking to get new tires for my 2008 i2, the original stock are worn out/slickening and I want to continue dirt path riding.

I have read the previous very informative post(s) on alternative non-stock tire replacement but have not heard anyone DIRECTLY USING THESE TIRES. My local moorcycle dealer has most of the ones on the previous list (and is actually willing to install). Based upon photos I am ready to purchase the Kendas as they appear to offer the best traction for dirt/smoothness for low speed pavement riding.

Here is my specific tire model question: 'Kenda K760 Trackmaster2 60/100-14 Front': Will these tires w/ tubes fit my 2008 i2 w/o modification (shaving)?

Thanking you in advance.
dudeman1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:39 PM   #2
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

The standard i2 tire is quoted as 19" diameter, and the ones you are proposing are 18.8"

https://www.kendatire.com/en/motorcy...trakmaster-ii/

So, the outside diameter appears to be compatible with the original tire.
PeteInLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:12 PM   #3
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

The problem I had with tires of that sort were that the fender stays very close to the sidewall at the point where it goes to tread.

The segway original tire is pretty round, and so is the fender.

These tires have a pretty aggressive row of lugs at the extreme edge of the tread at the point where it joins the sidewall.

I do not have an experience with these tires, but I do agree that the question is a legitimate one. I wonder if they will fit well inside the fenders...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 02:51 AM   #4
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
The problem I had with tires of that sort were that the fender stays very close to the sidewall at the point where it goes to tread.

The segway original tire is pretty round, and so is the fender.

These tires have a pretty aggressive row of lugs at the extreme edge of the tread at the point where it joins the sidewall.

I do not have an experience with these tires, but I do agree that the question is a legitimate one. I wonder if they will fit well inside the fenders...
The tires mentioned in my link did display slight fender rub, which is why I added the turf spacers. No issues after that.
PeteInLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote