SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:53 AM   #1
QuadSquad
QuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Default Just a few days left!!!

Good morning ,

OK, here’s a terrific opportunity to not only do something wonderful for the Segs4Vets program but at the same time have a chance to get your own Segway i2 Personal Transport!

Segs4Vets is raffling off a Segway and all the proceeds from the raffle will help fund the Segs4Vets program. Raffle tickets are only $25, so buy one, buy 10 or buy 100… There’s no limit to the good you’ll do and no limit to the fun you’ll have if you win.

You can buy tickets all the way up until 11:59 PM CDT this Monday, March 31. So you only have a few days left to help us out. We’ll draw the name of the winner on Tuesday, April 1 and notify you by email.

All you have to do to purchase tickets is visit the link below… It’s easy!

https://tickets.goraisedough.com/buy...egway-giveaway

I know, some of my buddies have said, "I already have a Sgway" or “I don’t really need a Segway”. Well if you don’t need,. or really want, a Segway, you can donate it back to the Segs4Vets program and we’ll place it with a very deserving veteran.

And if you do donate it back, we’ll host lunch here for you and your guests with the Segs4Vets crew and have Zach chef up some of his world-famous authentic Neapolitan pizzas; along with another surprise or two.

This is got to be too good to pass up so please buy some tickets… Lots of tickets!
QuadSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:45 PM   #2
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Great Idea!

I just bought a couple more tickets. We all should. This is a great cause.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 04:45 AM   #3
eJM
Account Suspended
eJM will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I wanted to get a ticket, but the script on the page won't let me confirm my email address. When I try to click in the confirm box, all I get is a black circle with a diagonal bar through it. I thought the system just remembered my email from previous donations and didn't need it, but when I clicked the submit button, I got a pink and red those-emails-don't-match error.

Hope it can get fixed before the deadline. My Gen1 is dying a slow death and I will be needing a replacement. It's too much money for my budget, but maybe I can win one.

Jim
eJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:03 AM   #4
QuadSquad
QuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Default Browser

Jim,
what browser are you using? It must be browser related, I'll ask them to fix it. I successfully entered your information using IE, Firefox and Safari.

Last edited by QuadSquad; 03-29-2014 at 08:10 AM..
Old 03-29-2014, 03:58 PM   #5
eJM
Account Suspended

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I'm using Firefox - the latest version. I didn't think to use a different browser.

PS: I had success with IE.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:01 PM   #6
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I got a similar issue with Chrome, but the retry was successful. The coloring on that 2nd email box made it seem happy, but it was not when you try to submit.

Like I said, it did not seem to work on the first time thru, but the retry was no problem at all.

EVERYONE here on this forum should buy some tickets! This is a great cause!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:48 PM   #7
eJM
Account Suspended

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I put my coders hat on for a few minutes and discovered the problem. You can tell them to find:
Code:
<input type="email" class="span12" style="width: 100%;" id="email-confirm" disabled="true" placeholder="Confirm Email" value="">
And change it to:
Code:
<input type="email" class="span12" style="width: 100%;" id="email-confirm" placeholder="Confirm Email" value="">
For some reason, they coded the confirm box as disabled. Not all browsers follow the rule because it's not a valid rule - and it shouldn't have been coded in in the first place. There are a number of other code errors on that page too, but that one is the one that will lose them money. Might want to consider extending the deadline.

Jim
Old 04-19-2014, 10:35 PM   #8
dale@thecoys.net
dale@thecoys.net will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadSquad View Post
Good morning ,

OK, here’s a terrific opportunity to not only do something wonderful for the Segs4Vets program but at the same time have a chance to get your own Segway i2 Personal Transport!

Segs4Vets is raffling off a Segway and all the proceeds from the raffle will help fund the Segs4Vets program. Raffle tickets are only $25, so buy one, buy 10 or buy 100… There’s no limit to the good you’ll do and no limit to the fun you’ll have if you win.

You can buy tickets all the way up until 11:59 PM CDT this Monday, March 31. So you only have a few days left to help us out. We’ll draw the name of the winner on Tuesday, April 1 and notify you by email.

All you have to do to purchase tickets is visit the link below… It’s easy!

This is got to be too good to pass up so please buy some tickets… Lots of tickets!
OK, I purchased tickets, and I didn't expect to win.

However, I did expect to be able to find out who did win, what they did, etc. etc. Perhaps via an announcement in this thread - or perhaps on the segs4vets website http://www.segs4vets.org/NewsEvents.aspx -- which as of today (April 19th) is still advertising the raffle that closed on March 31.

As a veteran, I appreciate what Segs4vets has done and is doing. But this sort of "performance" doesn't encourage me to participate in future raffles.
dale@thecoys.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:50 AM   #9
QuadSquad

5 yr Member
Default The winner was Mr. Robert Ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale@thecoys.net View Post
OK, I purchased tickets, and I didn't expect to win.

However, I did expect to be able to find out who did win, what they did, etc. etc. Perhaps via an announcement in this thread - or perhaps on the segs4vets website http://www.segs4vets.org/NewsEvents.aspx -- which as of today (April 19th) is still advertising the raffle that closed on March 31.

As a veteran, I appreciate what Segs4vets has done and is doing. But this sort of "performance" doesn't encourage me to participate in future raffles.
The winner was Mr. Robert Ross.

It was announced on several social media sites and to be clear while it is listed on the Segs4Vets website the link will not allow you to purchase tickets.

Segs4Vets is able to do what they do because of the extraordinary dedication of its volunteers and sometimes they miss a detail or two...

I'll make sure the reference on the website is removed soon.

Thank you to all who purchased tickets. This was our first attempt at a raffle and we're assessing whether to do it again in the future.

A special thank you to eJM for your coding first aid and Congratulations to Mr. Ross!
Old 04-20-2014, 10:25 AM   #10
dale@thecoys.net
dale@thecoys.net will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Understood.

And - just as a suggestion - perhaps there are raffle operations other than goraisedough.com that would conveniently link the "buy" URL to a "who won" list after the closing date.
dale@thecoys.net is offline   Reply With Quote