SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Ratings and Reviews > Accessories for Your Segway

Notices

Accessories for Your Segway Rate and review various accessories available for your Segway.

Comment

Review Tools Display Modes
SegVator - Lift
OregonForester
05-26-2009
I was surprised to not see anything here on the SegVator...it must have scrolled off.

We've owned our SegVator for several months now, but the weather here in the Northwest has not exactly been "Segging Friendly".
This last weekend, my bride and I were able to take...
By OregonForester on 09-19-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblair View Post
I'm currently wiring my Element to use my Segvator. I have a dual kit on order for it and on the whole it seems to be very well designed and built.

The one thing I find questionable is the attachment of the Inverter and it's box. Two screws at the top and the bottom seems to flop back and forth at will. The box also doesn't seem too waterproof. I've been considering moving the Inverter to the inside of the Element and just running power cords from it to the Segways. Can anyone with a lot of miles with the SegVator comment?
I do admit, that although it rains a lot here, we've never been caught in a downpour while the segvator was tagging along. We have, however, been in more than one "rain". The box that the inverter is in seemed to keep the inverter dry.
I don't think that I would try charging our Segs during a rainstorm.
One more bit of advice. I found some miniature bungie cords at the Dollar Store. I use them to keep the door to the inverter from flopping about while I am driving and charging.
By Bob.Kerns on 09-20-2012, 06:11 PM
Member reviews
Work as described?
100%100%100%
Enhances Segway experience?
100%100%100%
Shipping and instructions
100%100%100%
Recommend to a friend?
100%100%100%
Average 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblair View Post
I'm currently wiring my Element to use my Segvator. I have a dual kit on order for it and on the whole it seems to be very well designed and built.

The one thing I find questionable is the attachment of the Inverter and it's box. Two screws at the top and the bottom seems to flop back and forth at will. The box also doesn't seem too waterproof. I've been considering moving the Inverter to the inside of the Element and just running power cords from it to the Segways. Can anyone with a lot of miles with the SegVator comment?
My inverter has been out in the weather continuously for several years now. It's not presently operating, because of a wiring issue that I mean to fix before the rainy season starts again. When I get it connected again I'll verify it still works. I have seen no visible sign of water damage; the box is more effective than it seems. I think water can enter in small quantities, but the inverter itself is positioned so the water never makes it over to the inverter; it just drains out the bottom without accumulating.

Or such is my theory.
By dblair on 09-21-2012, 03:48 PM

Thanks for the experienced input. I guess I'll leave it where it is and add a lower mounting support. Doesn't look like it would be too tough and I'll feel better when it doesn't flop around so much.
By segaddict on 08-13-2016, 09:49 PM
Member reviews
Work as described?
100%100%100%
100%100%100%
100%100%100%
Recommend to a friend?
100%100%100%
Average 100%
Default SEGVATOR is awesome!

SEGVATOR is a great company that cares about its customers!
By rotorblades on 08-20-2016, 08:51 PM
Member reviews
Work as described?
100%100%100%
100%100%100%
20%20%20%
Recommend to a friend?
100%100%100%
Average 80%
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by segaddict View Post
SEGVATOR is a great company that cares about its customers!
segvator co. does not respond to dealer calls or emails. i bought a dual from a dealer for two x2s it isnt wide enough but it does work well i originally bought the segway folding ramp kit that didnt work the x2 fatty tires wouldnt fit inro the ramp valleysim totally disabled so things are important
Comment