SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 06-18-2009, 12:12 AM   #21
rook2218joe
rook2218joe is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Karl--not A Funny As You Think

Ebattery/battertrefill.com is owned by a lady named Kay Choi. Philli...I don't know.

My attorney has done some work on them for me without me having to put up a contigency...

I can tell you there is alot here that hasn't, and won't be made public, unless ebattery/batteryrefill wants to "go to court". Bottom line, there have been many (perhaps hundreds) of complaints posted on various internet sites...some for power tool batteries, some for computer batteries, and at least mine for a Segway battery. There were so many complaints I got tired of reading them!

I'm sure that if these people bothered to post online, that many would be willing to share their experiences with the courts.

I'm thinking of asking Will to just close this thread...what's done is done. If I prevail in ten years, I will ask ebattery to send every Segway owner a free pair of batteries...REV. AF, of course! (They probably won't work but they make great door stops!)
rook2218joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:09 AM   #22
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default If you want the thread closed ask Florin or myself

And like all things, not every service or product provider will make all people happy.

One of the good things about a forum like this is that we can vent our frustrations and let others know of the problems we encounter, so that others can be better informed consumers.
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:51 AM   #23
florin
The Gliding Dutchman
florin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default small addition to Will's comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhopper View Post
And like all things, not every service or product provider will make all people happy.

One of the good things about a forum like this is that we can vent our frustrations and let others know of the problems we encounter, so that others can be better informed consumers.
Do keep in mind that I'm on a different time-zone then the majority of the visitors of this forum, and moderating SC is something that we do besides our normal jobs. So give us some time to respond on your questions and requests.

I agree with Will, since this will better inform consumers I will keep it open so far.

Florin
florin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:49 PM   #24
rook2218joe
rook2218joe is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Will and Florin

I've said about all I can say on this topic. I doubt that ebattery/batteryrefill.com will send me the remaining REV. C battery. I also doubt that there will be any legal actions...they are too smart for that!

The various "complaint" web site are full of complaints about ebattery/batteryrefill.com., and the San Barnidino BBB has 103 unanswered complaints about their business practices.

Keep it listed as you will.
rook2218joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 01:56 PM   #25
rotorblades
rotorblades is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

fed ex tells me from the haz dangerous phone line that philippines wont allow shipments of lithium batteries into manila there are tour companies there= what gives?im wanting to ship my x2 to manila because im old and very disabled i cant walk around anyone know?im hoping to ship the batteries removed and separate from the machine
rotorblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 10:18 PM   #26
MTOBATTERY
MTOBATTERY has a spectacular aura aboutMTOBATTERY has a spectacular aura about

Based upon current IATA and IMDG regulations I think you will find this to be extremely difficult and expensive. FedEx, UPS, and such will not be able to assist you. You will need to contract someone whom is certified to package/ship such items. I am going off of memory but I believe to ship lithium batteries to the Philippines you will be required to ship by sea. Requirements will also vary based on each shipper and their contracts with the destination country. Your best bet is to contact some freight forwarders to see if they can assist you further. You might also inquire at the existing tour facilities there to see what shipper they use for their machines/batteries.

Might be worth considering a Gen.1 with NiMH batteries if that would be functional for your mobility needs. Shipping would then be much less complex.
MTOBATTERY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:49 AM   #27
Philip
Philip will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Default Shipping a pair of Segway Lithium battery packs from USA to Philippines by sea

I agree with Jason from MTO - shipping a pair of Segway Lithium battery packs from USA to Philippines by sea freight is not practical. It will cost you about $1,000, and then to add insult to (financial) injury you may very well be hit with mysterious duties and taxes on arrival. Oh, plus it will cost you the same amount to ship them back to USA when you leave.

The reason it costs so much is the fixed costs that you will be charged by the various agencies and service providers at every step of the way, all for a tiny shipment of two batteries.

You'd be better off to hire batteries on arrival. Or even buy a pair, and re-sell them when you leave.
Old 07-26-2016, 12:13 PM   #28
Don M
Don M is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Nobody is traveling to or from the Philippines

If you read the whole thread, you'd know that nobody is traveling to or from the Philippines

The OP sent his batteries using the correct Hazmat Protocol to the Philippines to have them rebuilt . . . . and it didn't cost anywhere near $1000 to do so. The batteries were rebuilt and the company in the Philippines that rebuilt them sent them back via ordinary Fed Ex and they *did not* pay the extra to ship them correctly

The apparent argument here is that some overseas companies do not use the correct procedures for shipping which gives them an unfair price advantage over USA companies who are using the correct shipping protocols . . . . so lets all deal with the USA companies who are following the rules and not the overseas folks who are not

Don
Don M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 03:42 PM   #29
MTOBATTERY
MTOBATTERY has a spectacular aura aboutMTOBATTERY has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don M View Post
If you read the whole thread, you'd know that nobody is traveling to or from the Philippines

The OP sent his batteries using the correct Hazmat Protocol to the Philippines to have them rebuilt . . . . and it didn't cost anywhere near $1000 to do so. The batteries were rebuilt and the company in the Philippines that rebuilt them sent them back via ordinary Fed Ex and they *did not* pay the extra to ship them correctly

The apparent argument here is that some overseas companies do not use the correct procedures for shipping which gives them an unfair price advantage over USA companies who are using the correct shipping protocols . . . . so lets all deal with the USA companies who are following the rules and not the overseas folks who are not

Don
Don,

I believe you might have been hooked by a real out dated post that rotorblades asked a new question in. The OP was from 2009 and the company that was referenced is still doing business today in California (under multiple names) and to the best of my knowledge has not changed their business practices. I was replying to the last post which was made by rotorblades on 7/24/16 and they stated that they want to ship their batteries and machine separately to Manilla.

Amen to keeping the business here in the USA as much as possible. I always tell people to do your homework on the company before you buy. Not all companies are created equal and not all batteries are the same. BTW....I heard that MTO Battery company is pretty awesome! Just sayin....
MTOBATTERY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 08:52 PM   #30
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTOBATTERY View Post
Amen to keeping the business here in the USA as much as possible. I always tell people to do your homework on the company before you buy. Not all companies are created equal and not all batteries are the same. BTW....I heard that MTO Battery company is pretty awesome! Just sayin....
BTW, I heard the same thing about MTO over the years, from several sources.I get the feeling they may actually be awesome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote