SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use

Notices

Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use Information and discussion for those with special needs interested in the Segway.

Old 04-06-2015, 05:47 AM   #41
rwoynaro
rwoynaro is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Lean seat heights

Another topic, but the original thread said "Segway Seat options" so I figured this was the best place. I have 2 segs that both have Lean Seats, one of each height, so I have been evaluating them both and figured I would put out the info to help someone chose the right height for them. I have been riding each for a week at a time and have a good feel for them after about 4 weeks now. I am 5'9". The lower one is a more comfortable height to sit level on for me. But your knees are bent more, so if you have arthritic knees, this may be a concern, it bothers my knees some having them bent for extended gliding times using the lower seat moreso than the higher seat. The higher seat is less strain on the knees, but I tend to be leaning forward, the lower seat lets me sit more straight upright. I think I am preferring the lower height overall. I make a point of standing up occassionally to flex the legs; I had to do so with the higher seat option also to ease the back from leaning forward more. If you are say 5'10 or taller, you would want the higher seat I would think.
rwoynaro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seg seat, segway seats