SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use

Notices

Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use Information and discussion for those with special needs interested in the Segway.

Old 03-23-2015, 05:33 AM   #1
rwoynaro
rwoynaro is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default new ride

I just picked up my new SE on saturday. It has a leanseat on it. As I use it
and get more comfortable and in-tune with it and I pick up any tips, I will forward them on. I only have .8 miles on it as of now. I really like the
new console on the SE, it only comes out about 1/2 way toward the back and it makes it easier to clear my feet when I get off/on, that's a definite improvement of the I2. It seems to me that the angle of the leansteer is sloped a bit father front, I get the feeling that when I am sitting on the leanseat, I am hunched forward a bit more than on my I2, and I dont like that. I am so new to it, it may be just me, but that's what my initial feeling is.

I am going to tweak the air pressure in the pads on the leanseat and see if letting some air out helps reduce this, maybe the pads on this one are more inflated, pushing me forward.
rwoynaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 05:30 AM   #2
rwoynaro
rwoynaro is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwoynaro View Post
I just picked up my new SE on saturday. It has a leanseat on it. As I use it
and get more comfortable and in-tune with it and I pick up any tips, I will forward them on. I only have .8 miles on it as of now. I really like the
new console on the SE, it only comes out about 1/2 way toward the back and it makes it easier to clear my feet when I get off/on, that's a definite improvement of the I2. It seems to me that the angle of the leansteer is sloped a bit father front, I get the feeling that when I am sitting on the leanseat, I am hunched forward a bit more than on my I2, and I dont like that. I am so new to it, it may be just me, but that's what my initial feeling is.

I am going to tweak the air pressure in the pads on the leanseat and see if letting some air out helps reduce this, maybe the pads on this one are more inflated, pushing me forward.
I let some air out of the leansteer cushions and that was the cause of pushing me forward. Feels good now.
rwoynaro is offline   Reply With Quote