SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:15 PM   #61
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Mostly once a year, I take a few of those red gas cans to get filled, for my lawn mower, yard tractor, snow blowers and the like.

I did this chore today, and as usual, I did it by loading them up (about 3 six gallon containers, and 2 one gallon ones) on a cart, and towed it with the segway.

I get a real kick from the looks I get, while on the electric segway, towing a cart with so much obvious gasoline. People get very confused.

I just smile and glide away.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:09 PM   #62
Seginaway
Seginaway will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
Mostly once a year, I take a few of those red gas cans to get filled, for my lawn mower, yard tractor, snow blowers and the like.

I did this chore today, and as usual, I did it by loading them up (about 3 six gallon containers, and 2 one gallon ones) on a cart, and towed it with the segway.

I get a real kick from the looks I get, while on the electric segway, towing a cart with so much obvious gasoline. People get very confused.

I just smile and glide away.

There is a closed & shuttered Lukoil (formerly Exxon/Mobil ) gas station on my daily commute that I always enjoy taking a few loops around the gas pumps whilst I think of the gas savings and friendly environmental impact of my Segway.

The looks from the patrons of the bar across the street are priceless!!!
Seginaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:27 PM   #63
cmonkey
cmonkey will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player
Default Charriots of Fur!!!!!

or more accurately,.... Charriot of fur

I put Teddy in the 'side car' (pet basket mounted to the cargo plate).

And the latest addition to the family loves to run for miles in front of the seg.

It's gotten to the point, that after I get home, I have to take them for a quick walk, then change clothes, while they're whining at the garage door waiting for me to take them for a evening seg stroll.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:17 AM   #64
lilnyc
lilnyc is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTin View Post
I'm not familiar with the area but I think Hundson River park connects to Riverside Park. Recently they added a path connecting Riverside such that you can travel all the way up to Dykman Street.

Here is the NY1 story about it:

http://www.ny1.com/content/118957/ri...aterfront-path
I was looking for that story because I went to that trail today, but stopped because it was too narrow to share with bikers. I'll re-visit it at an earlier hour.

The trail is beautiful today. I went from 43 to the 80s today, and am 'parked' at the water where all of the boats are at 43rd and the Hudson River, logged in and typing via the iPad.

Have you ever glided over here? It's paradise.

Last edited by lilnyc; 05-30-2010 at 11:37 AM..
lilnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 11:09 AM   #65
rwoynaro
rwoynaro is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default How are the dogs ?

Hi Folks:
Just got a Segway and am only gliding thru the local neighborhoods so far. All the dogs seem to be either very annoyed or just curious as they all bark and try and catch me. None leave their yards, but they all seem to go nuts. Maybe the noise or that it's just unfamiliar? Has anybody else experienced any dog issues ?
rwoynaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:01 AM   #66
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwoynaro View Post
Hi Folks:
Just got a Segway and am only gliding thru the local neighborhoods so far. All the dogs seem to be either very annoyed or just curious as they all bark and try and catch me. None leave their yards, but they all seem to go nuts. Maybe the noise or that it's just unfamiliar? Has anybody else experienced any dog issues ?
I think it is mostly the odd noises that come from the electronics and motors. Some may be the unusual and somewhat less than natural movement characteristics, like being on an escalator.
After a while, with familiarity, local dogs will act normally, but individual sitings will continue to be a curiosity to dogs. All dogs will react to their new experience differently. Beware of the nervous dog, as they react negatively and may perceive a threat, even if there is none intended.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #67
Seginaway

5 yr Member
Default Reflective Vests . . .

Just got a light-weight reflective vest for Christmas. It surely helps others see me this time of year and I was wondering how many other gliders use these hi-visability, reflective vests. Do you see real value in them?

I have a pretty good setup for front & rear lights, both blinking and always on in each direction, but felt that the use of a hi-visability vest provides an additional level of glide safety. Even with these lights, they are MANY times that drivers don't see me until they've entered my concern sphere and then they make that quick jerk to the right or left. I'm not sure whether they don't see the lights or that they're just in-attentive to the road ahead which is what led me to pick up the vest.

I really only use it during my daily commutes and tend not to use if for relaxing glides except in the dark of night. I've been thinking of picking one up for the dog. Does anyone use it for their dog?

I'd like to hear from other gliders as to how, when or if they use a vest.

Remember, this is about vests, discussion about helmets is on another thread.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:23 PM   #68
SegwayDan
Advanced Member
SegwayDan has a spectacular aura aboutSegwayDan has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I wear such a reflective vest virtually all of the time while gliding. I think it's about the best thing you can do to make yourself visible. That extends beyond nighttime to periods of precipitation (snow, rain, fog) when drivers' headlights should be on, which lights are then reflected by the vest (as well as the reflective stripes on the Segway's wheels and base.

Like you, I also have flashing bike lights front and back.

Guess they help, because no one's run into me yet!

Another visibility garment I routinely wear while gliding is a nice t-shirt by the Walls Workwear Company. . They're very fluorescent bright and available in orange and yellow. My local Wal-mart carries them.

Dan Swanson

727-403-2628
SegwayDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:33 PM   #69
Seginaway

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegwayDan View Post
Another visibility garment I routinely wear while gliding is a nice t-shirt by the Walls Workwear Company. . They're very fluorescent bright and available in orange and yellow. My local Wal-mart carries them.
If only I could wear just a tee shirt this time of year. My vest is XXL so it fits over my sweatshirt, golf pullover and coat (down-filled if temperatures drop below 0).

If I see some value in wearing the vest, I'm planning on picking up a smaller more compact vest for summer gliding, but that's still five (5) months away for me.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:21 AM   #70
Rolacoy
Rolacoy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

lilnyc, where have you been, it's been several months.

So far as gliding, I am just starting to glide again since hurting my shoulder. I have been reading this thread and see how much I miss gliding.
Rolacoy is offline   Reply With Quote