SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 02-20-2016, 09:32 AM   #151
Seginaway
Seginaway will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Default airdale . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdale View Post
Seems that your problem was with the "B" board while mine is the "A". Seems it should be the same repair; just opposite sides. Did the $1K repair cost entail anything else other then the "B" board replacement?
Seginaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 11:56 AM   #152
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seginaway View Post
Seems that your problem was with the "B" board while mine is the "A". Seems it should be the same repair; just opposite sides. Did the $1K repair cost entail anything else other then the "B" board replacement?
No that was it.....
airdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:51 PM   #153
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

Mine went back to the factory about 3 times as I recall (it's been a while since it has needed anything). Turn-around time was usually 6-8 weeks.
PeteInLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 01:44 AM   #154
Seginaway

5 yr Member
Default Hope it is one & done . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteInLongBeach View Post
Mine went back to the factory about 3 times as I recall (it's been a while since it has needed anything). Turn-around time was usually 6-8 weeks.
Three times is not a charm. Better be one & done.

Inc. Response:
Unit appears to have been opened by unauthorized persons. Upon initial inspection; fasteners were missing, markings on components, antenna broken off of Radio Board, and BSA-A connector was broken. The BSA and Radio Board (UI Console PCB) require replacement due to damage/mishandling. Fault Logs indicate Motor Voltage Consistency Fault local to the A side CU and Left side Motor. Upon inspection Left side Motor was noticed to be damaged; replacement is required. Console housing is cracked and requires replacement to prevent water ingress. Console cover and gasket will be updated to the current revision under warranty. Ferrites were missing; will be replaced under warranty. Gearbox will be replaced under warranty due to RTV gasket.

Looks like the EO47 error code was not caused by CU board failure as the error code dictates, but it was the motor/gearbox that generated the fault which was reflected by the error code. Secondarily, I'm amazed that I got warranty repairs (gearbox, console cover & gasket, ferrites) on my nine (9) year old Segway with 10,000 miles. I guess I'm lucky that it was a gearbox/motor vs. a $1,000 CU board.

Don't have Trigger back yet, but overall, I've got to say that I'm extremely pleased with OEM service and the cost to get an overhaul on my nine (9) year old Segway. Can't wait for the return so I can go glidin' once more. Roc Maverick is also excited and chompin' at the bit to get back out into the field and woods.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:29 AM   #155
johnnywheels
johnnywheels is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnyc View Post
That's awesome.

I love:

The maneuverability as well as its #1 unique feature that I've not seen in any alternative transportation machine. That's the ability glide slowly without much momentum.

Traveling along the Hudson River in NYC and looking at the water.

The ability to go up and down steep heels effortlessly, enjoying places I'd never go by foot and couldn't comfortably via skates, a bike, etc.
Wow the Hudson River must be quite the view! Vegas has some nice mountain ranges to ride along!
johnnywheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 02:51 PM   #156
BoscoBob
BoscoBob is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default What I enjoy most about my Segway...

I love feeling..."Normal". When I get up on my Segway, it becomes a part of me. My canned response for people who ask me, "what are those things called?" is: "I call it My Legs." I love that I am at eye level. People actually engage me in conversation. The "old fart carts" I was forced to use before tended to make me "invisible". The Segway also dampens out my tremors which makes me feel like I did before MS.

"Jesus gliding"... My lean steer is biased to the right (my non-paralyzed side) so I lean into the column on the left side and use my right leg as a counter. Estimating that 98%+ of my gliding (4,200 miles) has been "Jesus gliding".

Racing against mountain bikes in the mountains...and winning! Watching their jaws drop is worth every penny I paid for this thing when they realize that a gimped-up old fart smoked them!

Not sitting home 24/7!!!
Old 02-25-2016, 03:09 PM   #157
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
What I enjoy most about my Segway...
I love feeling..."Normal". When I get up on my Segway, it becomes a part of me. My canned response for people who ask me, "what are those things called?" is: "I call it My Legs." I love that I am at eye level. People actually engage me in conversation. The "old fart carts" I was forced to use before tended to make me "invisible". The Segway also dampens out my tremors which makes me feel like I did before MS.

"Jesus gliding"... My lean steer is biased to the right (my non-paralyzed side) so I lean into the column on the left side and use my right leg as a counter. Estimating that 98%+ of my gliding (4,200 miles) has been "Jesus gliding".

Racing against mountain bikes in the mountains...and winning! Watching their jaws drop is worth every penny I paid for this thing when they realize that a gimped-up old fart smoked them!

Not sitting home 24/7!!!
Good post! Thanks for sharing it with us!
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 07:21 PM   #158
rotorblades
rotorblades is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seginaway View Post
For me, each Glide provides a new experience that continues to provide enjoyment and a new awareness of my surroundings. It also makes even more happy that I decided to become a Segway owner.

The number 1 enjoyment I get as a Glider is the freedom to meander and enjoy the environment around me. When I drive or ride a bike, I don't get to experience the environment around me, I'm just traveling through it. While a walking excursion allows one to experience the immediate environment, it also limits how far and how much you can experience.

Even in my everyday commuter Glides over the exact same path, I have a higher awarness of what is around me, the sounds, the smells, the sights as I need to be much more aware of what is happening around me as Gliding can be dangerous.

Just the other day as I came around a corner in the path there was a Red Tailed Hawk munching on its prey. The size of the bird was surprising and I spent a few moments watching a scene in nature from only a few yards away. Something I would never see while driving as the horns blowing from behind me suggest that I stop lingering and move on.

What are your favorite Segway things. . . .?
i like being transported= teleported" by a beam of starlight}for free
{solar"
rotorblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 01:21 PM   #159
Seginaway

5 yr Member
Default Off to the Post Office . . .

Inc. returned a much improved Trigger after five (5) weeks (eight (8) weeks if you count my attempts to correct), some $$$$ and some "work", minus some screws and wheel nuts. After a night in the garage, all put back together and glidin' with Maverick in the 60F Northeast sunny weather. What a joy to be back glidin' after two (2) months without.

Closest parking spots, enjoying the scents and mother nature first-hand, skipping traffic and the lights with a simple Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Off to the Post Office and a ride around town. Here's to the next 10,000.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:19 AM   #160
johnnywheels
johnnywheels is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

My favorite segway thing would have to be gliding along the beach and being able to use my go pro to shoot smooth footage that is hard to replicate on your feet..
johnnywheels is offline   Reply With Quote