SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 09-16-2015, 02:33 PM   #1
DaiPlusPlus
DaiPlusPlus is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Question i2-SE - Won't go faster than 12mph (and InfoKey lost memory)

Something's wrong with my InfoKey for my i2-SE: it keeps on getting reset (date and clock keeps getting reset, reverts to MPH units, etc) every time I turn it on (not to mention the issues I've had with the buttons since the falling-off incident almost a year ago).

For the past couple of months I've noticed that I can't exceed 12mph, if I really lean forward I might get 13mph but then I get the Frowny-face on the InfoKey and it engages the speed-limiter until it's down to 11-12mph. I used to be able to hit the 14.5MPH max without problems before. The battery seems fine too, currently at 66% charge, so I don't think that's anything to do with it.

There are no other faults, beeps, warnings, or other messages. What could be up?

I've also noticed my Segway seems louder than usual when moving, and an awkward almost-grinding sound too - but that sound is temperamental and often depends on where I place my feet - not that I'm heavy, I'm 74kg / 165lbs.
DaiPlusPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 03:12 PM   #2
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiPlusPlus View Post
Something's wrong with my InfoKey for my i2-SE: it keeps on getting reset (date and clock keeps getting reset, reverts to MPH units, etc) every time I turn it on (not to mention the issues I've had with the buttons since the falling-off incident almost a year ago).

For the past couple of months I've noticed that I can't exceed 12mph, if I really lean forward I might get 13mph but then I get the Frowny-face on the InfoKey and it engages the speed-limiter until it's down to 11-12mph. I used to be able to hit the 14.5MPH max without problems before. The battery seems fine too, currently at 66% charge, so I don't think that's anything to do with it.

There are no other faults, beeps, warnings, or other messages. What could be up?

I've also noticed my Segway seems louder than usual when moving, and an awkward almost-grinding sound too - but that sound is temperamental and often depends on where I place my feet - not that I'm heavy, I'm 74kg / 165lbs.
Your Seg will not go over 12.5 mph.....
Have you installed new battery in your key latly?
airdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:21 PM   #3
DaiPlusPlus
DaiPlusPlus is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdale View Post
Your Seg will not go over 12.5 mph.....
I could swear I thought the maximum was 14mph / 22kph.

...nope, turns out you're right: http://www.segway.com/support/faqs.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segway
the standard setting is set to travel up to 12.5 mph/20 kph. 12.5 mph is roughly equivalent to a 5-minute mile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdale View Post
Have you installed new battery in your key latly?
No, I've been using the same battery since day 1 (about a year ago). I'll replace it and see what happens. I don't have a low-Infokey-battery warning though.
DaiPlusPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 08:40 AM   #4
JohnG
Uber Administrator
Wise Segway Elder
JohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

FWIW, it's always been 12.5 mph since the very first production Segway. If your Segway temporarily goes a bit faster than that, that's just a feature of engineering tolerances and physics.

John
Old 09-18-2015, 01:52 AM   #5
rotorblades
rotorblades is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
FWIW, it's always been 12.5 mph since the very first production Segway. If your Segway temporarily goes a bit faster than that, that's just a feature of engineering tolerances and physics.

John
my x2 just turned 800 miles for the first time it shows tenths =800.7could this be?
rotorblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:58 PM   #6
rotorblades

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiPlusPlus View Post

a quick thought did your setting revert to turtle mode=showing the turtle on your info key?im no expert at all but its easy to check
Old 09-22-2015, 07:51 PM   #7
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

Whenever my infokey starts resetting itself, it has always been battery related.
PeteInLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 01:25 PM   #8
rotorblades

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteInLongBeach View Post
Whenever my infokey starts resetting itself, it has always been battery related.
do you think your key might have been on kms for awhile= fooling you into thinking it was 14 mph?
Old 09-23-2015, 01:27 PM   #9
rotorblades

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorblades View Post
my x2 just turned 800 miles for the first time it shows tenths =800.7could this be?
my key has dropped the decimal pt tenths now it went to 814
what up?
Old 09-24-2015, 09:32 AM   #10
GlideGuy
GlideGuy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorblades View Post
my key has dropped the decimal pt tenths now it went to 814
what up?
Are you switching between the non-resettable odometer and the resettable odometer? (Assuming you have never reset the resettable one)
GlideGuy is offline   Reply With Quote