SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 11-19-2015, 02:21 PM   #1
MagiMike
MagiMike is a jewel in the roughMagiMike is a jewel in the roughMagiMike is a jewel in the roughMagiMike is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member SegwayFest Attendee
Default Another Segway Dealer bites the dust- Segway of Houston

Needed a new tube for my I-2 Segway so today I went back to the dealer who sold it to me Segway of Houston, formally at 1739 Richmond Ave.. Suprise ! The store was closed and locked up. All Segway signs taken down and no forwarding address. They also had Segway tours of Houston so I tried that phone number and got a broken answering machine with no information of use on it. Segway.com still lists them as an active dealer at the above closed address.

Segway of Houston had some sort of loose association with Apollo Scooters on Gray street so I went over there. Not very helpful at all. Did admit in response to questions they could do service work on Segways but did not seem enthusiastic about doing so. Told me they would not fix my flat tire nor even order a tube for me. The single helpful bit of information they did give me is that Montrose Tire & Wheel at 1320 Montrose Blvd, Houston would mount my tire for me if I provided my own inner tube. www.montrosetw.com
MagiMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:06 PM   #2
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Go buy one on ebay?
airdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 03:10 PM   #3
MagiMike
MagiMike is a jewel in the roughMagiMike is a jewel in the roughMagiMike is a jewel in the roughMagiMike is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdale View Post
Go buy one on ebay?
Good suggestion but I went another way and ordered one from Motorcycle Superstore. After I found out segway will not sell just a tube but wants to sell you the whole wheel, tire and tube assembly. The trick was figuring out what size of inner tube I needed, what type of valve stem etc. I know very little about inner tubes. I decided I needed a 2.75-14 tube with a TR4 or TR 6 valve stem. I did find a reference which said a 2.25 / 2.50 - 14 would also work.
Ended up ordering a Bike Master tube TR-6 size 2.75-3.00 - 14 SKU#40696 for $9.31 If there is any problem with that I'll post again.
MagiMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 04:29 PM   #4
JaredHT
JaredHT will become famous soon enoughJaredHT will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiMike View Post
After I found out segway will not sell just a tube but wants to sell you the whole wheel, tire and tube assembly.
Hey MM,

Segway sells the tubes separately. You can buy the entire wheel assembly kit (wheel, tire, tube), just the tire, or just the tube.

Give me a call if you have any questions.
(614) 299.1100

Call Today For Your Best Deal!
JaredHT is offline   Reply With Quote