SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 05-08-2015, 04:15 AM   #1
segaddict
segaddict is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Segvator

Anybody know where to get a Segvator repaired? The company does not return phone calls or respond to email. Very disappointed with the horrible customer service! Electrical problem.

Thank you.
segaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 05:32 AM   #2
rwoynaro
rwoynaro is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by segaddict View Post
Anybody know where to get a Segvator repaired? The company does not return phone calls or respond to email. Very disappointed with the horrible customer service! Electrical problem.

Thank you.
I contacted my segway dealer and they set up the repair. I also was unable to set it up directly with the SegVator people.
rwoynaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:49 AM   #3
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by segaddict View Post

Thank you.
Although frustrating, remember that the Segvator folks do this in their spare time for free. It is the same drive unit used for power wheelchairs, you might give a local mobility repair shop.

All of the money goes to Seg4Vets.

jeff

If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jgbackes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 05:27 AM   #4
rwoynaro
rwoynaro is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbackes View Post
Although frustrating, remember that the Segvator folks do this in their spare time for free. It is the same drive unit used for power wheelchairs, you might give a local mobility repair shop.

All of the money goes to Seg4Vets.

jeff
The SegVator lift itself uses an electric tongue-jack used on RVs. I have a 35 foot RV with an electric tongue-jack and it is virtually identical to the SegVator.
RV places that repair them should be able to handle the wiring part. The brackets that hold down the segway and on which the segway rides on are unique to the SegVator, but the core lift assy appears to me to be using that RV tongue-jack.
rwoynaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:46 PM   #5
segaddict
segaddict is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Segvator Repair

Thank you for the ideas. I have an RV repair nearby and will try that, first.

As for Segvator itself, love the idea and ingenuity, and certainly appreciate the volunteer/altruistic benevolence of the organization. I do, however, have an issue with buying a product at $1,500 that I depend on with a disability, and cannot get anyone to even return a phone call or email. For God's sakes I'd pay to ship it to them for repair. Any way I look at it, it is just poor customer service, and does not speak well for purchasing one.

Thank to all for the ideas.
segaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 11:30 PM   #6
QuadSquad
QuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Default Why don't you contact your dealer

SegVators can only be purchased through the dealers, they do not sell to or deal directly with consumers....It's easily repaired by any reputable shop.
QuadSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 01:25 AM   #7
rotorblades
rotorblades is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwoynaro View Post
I contacted my segway dealer and they set up the repair. I also was unable to set it up directly with the SegVator people.
segvator people are dunces wont communicate with a dealer either
i hope someone else starts making them even if they might have a patent? i doubt they do or could even defend one. try a trail er place or u-haul or a good welding/ fabrication shop if needed. segvator made my dual lift too narrow to carry my two x2s correctly.
rotorblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 01:11 AM   #8
rotorblades

Quote:
segvator wont even respond to dealer calls or emailsi hope someone else starts making them= there is a real need i got a dual lift finally the inverter is poor and has no rain protection it is a good design i couldn't do without mine.when the lift comes up the hold down bars clamp the segs tightly thus no tie down straps to do= a great feature= great
Old 02-28-2016, 01:16 AM   #9
rotorblades

Quote:
The SegVator lift itself uses an electric tongue-jack used on RVs. I have a 35 foot RV with an electric tongue-jack and it is virtually identical to the SegVator.
RV places that repair them should be able to handle the wiring part. The brackets that hold down the segway and on which the segway rides on are unique to the SegVator, but the core lift assy appears to me to be using that RV tongue-jack.
there is a yellow capsule that contains an old style fuse try looking there first for electrical problems check if the segvator light will work too