SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 07-05-2016, 05:44 PM   #1
Peter Doubt
Peter Doubt is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Can't update firmware on mini

My Ninebot app (iOS) detects a firmware update for my new mini pro, but when trying to update I get a message saying it's an 'illegal operation!'
I've rest the Segway and reinstalled the app.
Anyone else having this issue?
Peter Doubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 05:54 PM   #2
DCTenor1
DCTenor1 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I've found that the Electric Unicycle forum, oddly enough, is a much better resource for Segway miniPRO issues, especially as they relate to firmware.

http://forum.electricunicycle.org/fo...or-equivalent/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

--

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DCTenor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:08 PM   #3
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTenor1 View Post
I've found that the Electric Unicycle forum, oddly enough, is a much better resource for Segway miniPRO issues, especially as they relate to firmware.

Why should that surprise you?
9bot, as far as I know has zero representation around here....This is a Segway site....you know that company they bought after 60 million in law suites against them!

I would hope eventually they could add a section for the low end product that they have added to there "new" product line!
airdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:20 PM   #4
Peter Doubt

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTenor1 View Post

Thanks for the link, but they seem to be dealing mostly with rolling back to old firmware with the pre - Segway Minis. Interesting info, though..
Old 07-06-2016, 03:21 PM   #5
Peter Doubt

5 yr Member

Well, I was able to update with the android app on a friend's phone. Apparently there is a bug in the iOS app. It wouldn't work on my iPad, either.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:56 PM   #6
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
This is a Segway site.
Yes, I agree, but "Segway" now includes a range of fresh products, thankfully.

The "legacy" Gen 2 series is a reliable workhorse, but it's OLD, designed more than 10 years ago and essentially unchanged since. It has kept Segway, Inc. from bankruptcy, but sales have been ...um.... "limited" from the first.

Similarly, SegwayChat has been limping along for a while now, with limited activity. One might hope that SegwayChat would add a section for the new products as a way of re-energizing the site. However, as airdale points out, those who post here are mostly "legacy" people, with knowledge of Gen 1 and Gen 2, but who do not own, nor are particularly interested in, the new products, and entropy has already set in.

Rather than suggesting owners of new products bugger off, I suggest embracing the new products with the hope of staving off decline.

Last edited by Civicsman; 07-07-2016 at 01:05 PM..
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:05 PM   #7
Peter Doubt

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civicsman View Post
Yes, I agree, but "Segway" now includes a range of fresh products, thankfully.

The "legacy" Gen 2 series is a reliable workhorse, but it's OLD, designed more than 10 years ago and essentially unchanged since. It has kept Segway, Inc. from bankruptcy, but sales have been ...um.... "limited" from the first.

Similarly, SegwayChat has been limping along for a while now, with limited activity. One might hope that SegwayChat would add a section for the new products as a way of re-energizing the site. However, as airdale points out, those who post here are mostly "legacy" people, with knowledge of Gen 1 and Gen 2, but who do not own, nor are particularly interested in, the new products, and entropy has already set in.

Rather than suggesting owners of new products bugger off, I suggest embracing the new products with the hope of staving off decline.
As someone who has followed Segway since the beginning and who has finally purchased one of the new products, I couldn't agree more. I've gotten tons of questions about the MimniPro from onlookers and much interest. It would be nice to have a place to point them to....
Old 07-08-2016, 02:40 PM   #8
tt1707
tt1707 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default RC issue with iOS 9.3.2 and minipro 1.3.1

After update minipro to v.1.3.1 this week, the RC mode from iOS devices no longer function. I would get a pop up "Please remove the handlebar" and it won't allow the remote control. There is no handlebar on minipro... Tried using different iphone, i.e. 5, 6S, and iPad 3 - all with the same result. iOS is at v 9.3.2 -
When I tried with an Android phone, the RC mode is working - but occasionally would see the pop up "Please remove the handlebar first" - but there was a button "Sure" so you could get into the RC mode once click.

Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 10.35.07 AM.jpg
tt1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 06:35 PM   #9
Peter Doubt

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt1707 View Post
After update minipro to v.1.3.1 this week, the RC mode from iOS devices no longer function. I would get a pop up "Please remove the handlebar" and it won't allow the remote control. There is no handlebar on minipro... Tried using different iphone, i.e. 5, 6S, and iPad 3 - all with the same result. iOS is at v 9.3.2 -
When I tried with an Android phone, the RC mode is working - but occasionally would see the pop up "Please remove the handlebar first" - but there was a button "Sure" so you could get into the RC mode once click.

Attachment 2437

I'm having the same problem...once I got an update using an Android phone, remote control no longer works with my iPhone. I hope they clear up their problems.
Old 08-13-2016, 02:46 PM   #10
Lutch
Lutch is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Had this happen once also. Restarted my phone and Segway and it worked. New product, teething issues...
Lutch is offline   Reply With Quote