SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 09-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #31
SegNerd
SegNerd will become famous soon enoughSegNerd will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
Yes, x1.609 easier

The InfoKey just displays the converted value.
I think what he meant was, supposing you glide 10,000 kilometers, and you "get your blink on."

Then, you change your setting to miles, and now all of a sudden you only have about 6213 miles. Does it stop blinking?

Certainly a good question, but I don't know the answer, and frankly I have no desire to personally undertake the great difficulty of running the experiment myself.
SegNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:12 PM   #32
drsmr2
drsmr2 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Smile I have an update. Spoke to Segway and the dealer

Hi Guys!

I have spoken with Segway in NH and the dealer today several times each about my i2 that I have now affectionately named "Winky." The first tech I spoke to confirmed that the info key does "wink" when the infokey reaches 10K miles & said its doesn't mean I have a bad machine. I then went home after work and grabbed both infokeys, docked the first one on "Winky" and off we went with the infokey "winking. I went up my road and back, powered down and docked the 2nd infokey-- NO WINKING!!! I couldn't believe it! I said to myself "those guys on the forum are going to think I'm nuts!" I went up and down my road a couple of times to see if it would start winking and no winking. I stopped, powered down and put the first infokey back on that was winking before.....guess what.....no winking. Both infokeys were just smiling like normal now. I came in the house and called Segway again. I got David Kilroy. He told me he is in service and has been with the company since before the Segway's were released to the public and he feels he has seen just about everythingl. He told me the controller board that stores the mileage information is located under the heels and the machine stores the info and communicates it to the infokey (which we all already know). He thinks the info keys may have been from a another machine and reprogrammed for mine. Since the winking is now gone that the controller board finally communicated the information to the infokeys. Apparently, it doesn't do the communicating/updating continuously. He told me that the Segways are built like an airplane, very robust and it isn't unusual for them to see systems come in for service with 50K miles!! I was amazed. All I can say is it's "AMERICAN MADE!!"

I then called the dealer and discussed the situation with him. He told me the Segway was purchase new from a dealer in Harrisburg by an 80 year old man. That dealer confirmed this with him again today that the elderly gentleman was the sole owner and the mileage is correct (814 when I picked it up on Saturday). My dealer is going to talk to Segway tomorrow regarding the history of this i2 and update me. I didn't notice the winking on Saturday during my DC tour. The winking started yesterday (Sunday) before I made the first post. Now on Monday, the first key winked, 2nd key no winking & finally both keys were no longer winking???

I really appreciate all of the input, suggestions and help. This is a great group. I will update you again when my dealer lets me know what he found out from Segway.

Thanks again,

Denise

Last edited by drsmr2; 09-09-2013 at 09:16 PM.. Reason: fix paragraph- out of line
drsmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:33 PM   #33
Tritium
Tritium will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I knew it didn't have 10k miles...
Tritium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:14 AM   #34
noalox
noalox is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

This has been a fascinating thread. I never knew about the winking and I am astonished (and thrilled) to hear that segs come in with 50k on them. Good news!!
noalox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #35
SegNerd

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritium View Post
I knew it didn't have 10k miles...
No, you didn't "know" that. You took a wild, extremely unlikely guess and got very, very lucky. I really don't think that merits an "I told you so" post.

Segways obviously do reach 50,000 miles, and that InfoKey did belong to a Segway with over 10,000 miles, even if it wasn't hers.

The good news is that the dealer was being honest after all.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #36
Tritium

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegNerd View Post
No, you didn't "know" that. You took a wild, extremely unlikely guess and got very, very lucky. I really don't think that merits an "I told you so" post.

Segways obviously do reach 50,000 miles, and that InfoKey did belong to a Segway with over 10,000 miles, even if it wasn't hers.

The good news is that the dealer was being honest after all.
I took a good guess, not extremely unlikely at all.

I know quite well that Segways can acquire such a mileage.

Last edited by Tritium; 09-10-2013 at 01:31 PM..
Old 09-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #37
SegNerd

5 yr Member

You did not accurately guess that it was a third-hand InfoKey that had not updated itself yet. You simply didn't understand "winking" at all.

I'm not going to get sucked into another flame war, but you obviously stumbled upon the right answer for all the wrong reasons.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:39 PM   #38
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegNerd View Post
You did not accurately guess that it was a third-hand InfoKey that had not updated itself yet. You simply didn't understand "winking" at all.

I'm not going to get sucked into another flame war, but you obviously stumbled upon the right answer for all the wrong reasons.
JFC yes you get into a flame war...do you read your responces?

Dear mother of god you have very poor comunication skills, and love to beat dead horses, please think before you post!

And it is not just aimed at you, I will guess that a better part of the "regulars" do the same crap...

Do you frequent other forums? See what...never mind.. I bet you could care less?
airdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:02 PM   #39
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdale View Post
JFC yes you get into a flame war...
Please educate me. I do not know what JFC stands for. I am guessing 'Just For ...'?

I suppose by my age, I should be able to decipher the acronym, but I cannot. Actually, I think abbreviation is more accurate than acronym, but whatever...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:55 AM   #40
Tritium

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

To SegNerd, no, no, and NO, you do NOT know what I guessed myself.
I can have a guess and not post it too, you know? Ever tried doing so?

Airdale, I am also wondering what JFC stands for, please elaborate.