SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 03-10-2006, 07:35 PM   #11
Mr. Protocol
Mr. Protocol is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

For years, I wanted a DeLorean so badly my teeth hurt. Someone drove one to work here for a while so I got a good close look. Magnificently-designed car, but it's now in a sort of uneasy transition from super-modern sports car to classic. It looks sexy as all-get-out on the outside but the inside looks - well, really dated.

Still, if you mounted a Segway inside it as a spare, that would jazz it up no end.
Mr. Protocol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:25 PM   #12
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Anyone who has seen my seg knows I have two flux capacitors, one green in front, one red in back.

88 mph is easy while skydiving, unfortunately, it is straight down...

Still, I have no one willing to look up with a camera and take the picture...

Karl Ian Sagal

Each road you travel should be just a bit better for having had you pass.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:34 PM   #13
Murray Fisher
Murray Fisher is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Yes, the DeLorean is dated alright, although it celebrates its 25th anniversary this year and looking at other 25 year old cars it is not bad! I bought it with 3K miles 9 years ago and now it has 8K miles. Still like new. It is just like the Segway HT in attracting attention.....Also like the Segway in town here, it is the ONLY one. Even after 9 years, heads turn continuously and I have to almost RUN out of the car at parking lots or will be swamped with people commenting and wanting to sit in it etc. We went to a Classic Car show a while back and entered it......my wife commented she counted at ONE point, 21 people standing around it and looking at it and next to us was a beautifully restored Vette that had 3 people! I felt kinda guilty as this guy spent years restoring the Vette and all did to enter the show as to wash it! (I won 1str place out of 82 in my class. (Original unrestored) Anywhere there are exotic cars in attendance, it takes LOOKERS away from them almost instantly. When I pop those gull wing doors, even more come up....But the Segway is almost the same thing! I have a good friend with a replica Lambo that is as good as the original thing and we go places together lots of times....when we come out from a restaurant the crowds are always around the DeLorean!! Makes him a little mad! Ho Ho. Lots of fun.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mr. Protocol

For years, I wanted a DeLorean so badly my teeth hurt. Someone drove one to work here for a while so I got a good close look. Magnificently-designed car, but it's now in a sort of uneasy transition from super-modern sports car to classic. It looks sexy as all-get-out on the outside but the inside looks - well, really dated.

Still, if you mounted a Segway inside it as a spare, that would jazz it up no end.
Murray Fisher
Murray Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 02:12 AM   #14
Sal
Enjoys a well balanced glide
Sal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond repute

Murray, I am a jealous man... I have lusted after the DeLorean after I saw one parked in the lot at JFK when I was aroun 9 years old... I went up to the hood, immediately recognizing the car, and touched the 'DMC' in the front grille. It was night time so I couldn't really peek in, and my parents weren't too interested in sticking around in the winter air as we were about to drive a relative home from international arrivals.

Anyway... you're a lucky guy.

I'd LOVE to see pics.

-Sal

Segway Chat Member since July 2003
Segway Owner since August 2003
Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 03:03 AM   #15
yosgof
yosgof is a glorious beacon of lightyosgof is a glorious beacon of lightyosgof is a glorious beacon of lightyosgof is a glorious beacon of lightyosgof is a glorious beacon of lightyosgof is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Well Sal, if you are willing to cough up the dough have a look here http://www.delorean.com/preowned.asp or here http://www.delorean.com/dmcstore/byod.asp.

Flux capacitor not included as standard. Also I fear it might pose a problem in actually catching that Snitch from behind the wheel.

- Yossi
yosgof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 08:21 AM   #16
Murray Fisher
Murray Fisher is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Thanks Sal, I have pix of mine but like the Segway, they are all the same so if you have seen one you have seen them ALL. Well almost. We went to a DeLorean Car Show in Memphis where there were over 100 of them a couple years ago....What a sight! 22 of them caravanned from Texas etc and as they came about six blocks from Elvis's Heart Break Hotel where the convention center was located, they all popped their doors in what I call the Parade Stance...That was just spectacular!! A bunch of them drove a long stretch in Texas at over 100 MPH and I guess that was quite a sight too, A cop pulled over at a rest stop and looked them over but did not give them a ticket. HE just wanted pix! Ho Ho. My criteria in buying it was that it be gray upholstery, automatic and the original stainless steel.....some have been painted....I got what I wanted and it is original except for my addition of remote start, lock/unlock, lights, alarm system etc. Love it and, like the Segway, I love showing it off!! Ho Ho.
In my recent "bout" with a Simon run Mall where they ejected me on the Segway for being a dangerous machine that could mow down customers at 12.5 MPH...I commented that I had a DeLorean sports car that supposedly would go 170 MPH but I had never driven it that fast and did not run the Segway at 12.5. All the vendors and customers I talked to as I rode the Segway were astounded that an 85 year old man cruising along with his wife at walking speed (3 MPH) would be considered a hazard! But wheel chairs were allowed!! Go figure. Ho Ho.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by salkulkarni

Murray, I am a jealous man... I have lusted after the DeLorean after I saw one parked in the lot at JFK when I was aroun 9 years old... I went up to the hood, immediately recognizing the car, and touched the 'DMC' in the front grille. It was night time so I couldn't really peek in, and my parents weren't too interested in sticking around in the winter air as we were about to drive a relative home from international arrivals.

Anyway... you're a lucky guy.

I'd LOVE to see pics.

-Sal

Murray Fisher
Murray Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 11:02 AM   #17
Sal
Enjoys a well balanced glide
Sal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond repute

Yossi,

Thanks for the link, I have been there many times... I already have a car now, and no space / $$ for another, although a DMC in my parking spot would be freakin' cool!

Maybe someday, right now, I'll stick to having fun, grabbing attention and smiles riding my Seg around town.

-Sal

Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 02:41 AM   #18
QuidditchCaptain
QuidditchCaptain is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Segway Quidditch Team Members in Denver? (seriously...)

I'm looking for people in Denver that have their own Segway (minipro, ninebot...etc) and are interested in forming a Segway Quidditch team. This is a serious inquiry. Their are already formal rules for the land version of quidditch and with some slight modifications it could easily be converted into a segway (more magical) version.

If interested, shoot me a message.

Thx

QC
QuidditchCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote